Long Range Phantom 3 Standard Setup, 3 Miles!

so would this range extender stop my videos from being choppy and lost of signal ?

Generally yes ... there is no guarantee though due to local conditions. It only needs someone else with a 'dirty high power' 2.4GHz transmitter and you can find yourself having errors. But that is highly unlikely.

Nigel

Hi reading this post and thought I ask ,, has any use these paddles,pretty cheap but hope they work better than broken antenna,(dropped remote)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180108-214629.jpg
    Screenshot_20180108-214629.jpg
    676.2 KB · Views: 412
Last edited by a moderator:
The standard is extremely simple to boost once an antenna rail has been fitted ... either Argtek or Itelite. The rail is needed unless you fit tails to the RF connectors internally and mount to case.

2W boosters for 2.4Ghz are cheap as chips ... can even run of the rc battery if necessary ... but of course that will mean shorter RC battery run time.

Here's mine I did back in summer 2017 ...

It also has the 5.8Ghz booster - but actually that's not really needed if you use the Windsurfer ...

This 2.4GHz will give steady and good video / telemetry range of over 5kms on the standard ...

2.4G Signal Booster Amplifier Antenna For DJI Phantom FPV Transmitter Receiver | eBay

s-l500.jpg

It can only take 5V though -so either an RC BEC of 5V running of a 2S LiFe / LiPo or a 4 cell NiMh pack ...

If you fit the 5.8Ghz booster as in my photo - that can take power direct from a 2S LiFe pack and also cheap as chips ...

5.8Ghz FPV Transmitter RF Signal Amplifier amp For DJI RC Airplane Helicopter BG | eBay

MY022-A.jpg

Nigel

Or... You could just get the Itelite antenna and get three miles without all the other stuff.. Lol

True - but with the 'other stuff' as you call it - boosts the power to overcome other and gives more reliable distance. Itelite and Argtek only work on improving the RF transmission provided by the RC RF boards.

I wanted to get a system that would give me long range consistently and in all areas, urban and rural. Itelite and Argtek could not do that. The boosters added on did.

Look at it like ... a Ford Pinto can do 100mph ... but its not g'teed to do 100mph uphill etc. Get a Mustang and it will also do 100mph, but also 100mph uphill as well ...

Its not the ultimate range - its the consistency of getting range ...

Nigel

Reactions: kevinp3s
I had itelite dbs with a previous aircraft and it didn't perform all that different from Argtek in my region.

The Argtek gave me very good range ... averaging over 2.5kms ... on good days I could push it out to well over 3kms.

But judging by reports - some people have trouble installing and then do not benefit as much.

Nigel

I did the stander range extender from drone nerds wt out the booster. later on i could install that correct? and is that pretty easy to do wt out paying them to install it ?

Reactions: dclifton
I did the stander range extender from drone nerds wt out the booster. later on i could install that correct? and is that pretty easy to do wt out paying them to install it ?
Yes it can be done later on, and it's extremely simple to install!

Reactions: Bwsago
The Argtek gave me very good range ... averaging over 2.5kms ... on good days I could push it out to well over 3kms.

But judging by reports - some people have trouble installing and then do not benefit as much.

Nigel
Yeh I like the 5.8 booster,I got one coming after see yours,I got bored and having been playing,check this out ,black panel and large argtec are 2.4 and Centre is new 5.8 which fit up there nice and the best thing I not got weak Trans signal no more,can't test range in flight yet due to rain,will set up proper when new remote arrives,this been dropped hard and is broken on side,
1515557942160-1954206800.jpg
1515558151721-1899236502.jpg
1515562885627-878347394.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I had brilliant range by glueing two Windsurfers together to fit to the 5.8 antenna of Argtek - gave me same as booster ...

Even one reflector carefully placed increased range dramatically.

Nigel

Which upgrades would you guys suggest I do first to increase distance of my Standard... as if I do the mods which u guys are doing the cost for me is very high as I am in South Africa and shipping/exchange rate and import cost are high ...eg if I buy all the equipment from post#1 from Amazon it comes to about $400 .. thanks for the help guys.:)

Um yes it's a dollars game,I get hammed on ship aswell,been waiting a lot just to find the right shipping or free shipping , not sure which apps you got but some of these on ebay,I'm the same as post #46 where I'm not flying to next country and back I just want a Hassel free flight with good transmission aswell as range if needed,here's couple pics to help you think.I just got these
Screenshot_20180111-214819.jpg
Screenshot_20180111-214632.jpg
,cheap and work ,vast improvement than standed antenna
Screenshot_20180111-220245.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic