Video recording problem

Reaction score
Hi, I couldn't find anything similar to my problem.
Few days ago i was able to record for 2 and a half minutes and then i got purple lines and video gliched, I was able to fly normal. Then i could only take pictures, when i change it to video gimbal goes to right and it switches back to photo mode. And sometimes i get this lines on bright places.

Attachments

• thumb_d32e5f8cab462831_1586363696000.jpg
    thumb_d32e5f8cab462831_1586363696000.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 262
  • Screenshot_20200412-160519_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200412-160519_Gallery.jpg
    393.3 KB · Views: 282
The image on the left is really tiny. Nevertheless, I think I can see some zebra lines off on the right? If so, that's your camera telling you the aperture is too wide open and/or shutter speed is too slow (over exposure). Check your camera settings.

The image on the right could attributed to a bad cable. Do you see that on your screen in-flight or just on the video file?

Reactions: AntonioP4
What shows on recorded SD card pics and vids?
as LarBear 360 said, Screen shots can show exposure warnings (lines) that do not show on recordings. The second picture looks like bad connection (cable) or horrible interference.
Switching from video back to pics? Don’t know, it must be telling you something. Too much data for cable or device? I don’t want to give bad advice, again. Hopefully someone has your answer. Good luck.

Yes, first image is about zebra lines on right. Could be over exposure(some pics are without it, just few have it.
And 2nd pic I was recording and then i had it on screen and on save file on phone but on micro sd video just ended before it gliched.. i flied half hour more taking pics and all worked fine only when i switch to video it glitches again and automaticaly switches back to photomode

Does it make any difference if you try to record video using the screen button or the record button on the remote? Is your SD card capable of recording video? Needs to be High quality to record video, not so much for stills.

No, its same on screen or on rc button, even when i just switch to video mode on sceeen it glitches without even starting to record and gimbal goes to right and it switches to photomode and gimbal goes back to centre
Yes i have sandisk extreme 32gb 100mb/s
I think it could be flat cable but i would like to hear it from someone that has more exp. with drones

Reactions: Capt KO
? was looking for simple solutions before getting into internals like ribbon cable. Looks like you have those covered already. Good luck

Or i think it could be overheating, that is first what could cause problems (at least with PCs) but i didnt see any chip that had some thermalpaste or anything to cool it, if someone knows anything about cooling in p4 i would be glad if you share it with me

SD cards that are too slow will cause problems as well, although the image defects generally look different than this.
I think that the problem is not SD card, it is up to 100mb/s, and recommended to me by a friend who owns video production.
I think it is overheating as I'm good with PCs and that is always first thing to look up. But i never had experience with other electronics except PCs and laptops. I need some instructions where is located video card, which chips needs thermal paste and which thermal paste to use and so on...

Can you hear your fan running in the lower shell of the drone? Does it sound normal or straining or nothing? That’s the P4 cooling fan. Normally warns when overheating.
Good luck, again

The image on the left is really tiny. Nevertheless, I think I can see some zebra lines off on the right? If so, that's your camera telling you the aperture is too wide open and/or shutter speed is too slow (over exposure). Check your camera settings.
for sure that doesnt look anything like the normal zebra lines.

The image on the right could attributed to a bad cable.
@AntonioP4 my bet this is the problem

I will look it up and post here if it solved my problem or not.
Until then if someone knows anything else, your tips are wellcome ?
If you do decide to replace the ribbon cable be sure to get DJI OEM only. Aftermarket do not work. They’re not very expensive anyhow.
Watch YouTube videos on how it is done before attempting it. When doing the replacement, you will get a chance to see the inner workings of the camera, gimble, and transmission. Hopefully solve your problem as well.
Be safe

Reactions: AntonioP4 and Oso
If you do decide to replace the ribbon cable be sure to get DJI OEM only. Aftermarket do not work. They’re not very expensive anyhow.
Watch YouTube videos on how it is done before attempting it. When doing the replacement, you will get a chance to see the inner workings of the camera, gimble, and transmission. Hopefully solve your problem as well.
Be safe
Yes, I saw that on some youtube videos when i researched before posting here, i think OEM is some 30€, i had experience with ribbon cable wheni was replacing display on my old Iphone 3gs years ago and ended with 2 broken displays ? i hope this time I'll do better.

Reactions: Capt KO

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers