Video capture freezes after 5 seconds of recording

Reaction score
I have the Phantom 3 Pro and when I try to hit record in any resolution settings, the video will begin recording, then the entire app freezes and resets after about another 10 seconds. I've updated all of the firmware and the drone visuals come through just fine when the record button hasn't been hit. Once I hit record, it freezes and the whole video system seems to reboot. The shutter button works fine when taking photos.

Any ideas on what I can troubleshoot to see how I can correct this issue? My current SD card is the SanDisk Extreme PLUS 64GB microSDXC UHS-I/U3 Card. I'm using my iPhone 6+ (I've also tried my iPad for troubleshooting and still getting the same problem) and the most recent DJI go app. I've tried formatting the card with the app and still no results.

I looked in the .txt file and it showed this from the day of flying:

========== 2016.10.23 17:08:14 =====================
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.09.0060.bin
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

Is my problem being caused by having the .bin file on the SD card still?

That shouldn't cause this problem. You can remove the BIN from the memory card if you no longer need it.

Try reinstalling DJI GO.

That shouldn't cause this problem. You can remove the BIN from the memory card if you no longer need it.

Try reinstalling DJI GO.
That's what I thought. I'll fully delete that file and reformat the card again just in case, but I have a feeling the same problem is going to happen.

The new 3.+ Go app is written for the MAVICs and its more resource hungry. If you don't own a mavic then try to revert back the GO app. I have an S7edge that keeps rebooting. Reverted to Go app 2.8.4 and it works fine.

I have the Phantom 3 Pro and when I try to hit record in any resolution settings, the video will begin recording, then the entire app freezes and resets after about another 10 seconds. I've updated all of the firmware and the drone visuals come through just fine when the record button hasn't been hit. Once I hit record, it freezes and the whole video system seems to reboot. The shutter button works fine when taking photos.

Any ideas on what I can troubleshoot to see how I can correct this issue? My current SD card is the SanDisk Extreme PLUS 64GB microSDXC UHS-I/U3 Card. I'm using my iPhone 6+ (I've also tried my iPad for troubleshooting and still getting the same problem) and the most recent DJI go app. I've tried formatting the card with the app and still no results.

I looked in the .txt file and it showed this from the day of flying:

========== 2016.10.23 17:08:14 =====================
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.09.0060.bin
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

This sounds similar to my issue, where it would record for about 10 seconds and then stop. Although, the APP didn't freeze when it stopped recording, the timer would hold (for an additional 10 or more seconds), and then it would indicate record stop and everything would be peachy.

Tell me, does the app immediately register that it is recording? Or does it take five or so seconds for the app to indicate record start?

Also, fly the drone close, facing you. When you start recording, the light on the camera should start blinking. When the app freezes, what does the light do? What does the light do when the app un-freezes?

This sounds so much like my issue I can TASTE what your cooking...

Incidentally, I have a SanDisk UltraPlus 64gb card in my bird... Coincidence?

I've had the same issue when I installed the HDMI module. Doesn't do it when I revert to the original USB only module.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31