Using Lightroom to colour grade and edit video

Reaction score
Does anyone use Lightroom to colour grade videos? I found several videos on Youtube showing how to do it (search on "Lightroom CC - Working with DSLR Video" for a good one from Julienne Kost but there are many out there) and the thing that amazed me was being able to take a frame of the video, use that to do your colour correction as per normal in Lightroom (that's if you came into this as a photographer and are well used to it which is my case), then go back and paste those settings into the video, a bit like having your very own LUT every time and super fast to do. I spent months trying to find my way around Da Vinci Resolve and while I just about have the hang of the colour grading now I find it very slow and tedious and since I am not making a Hollywood Blockbuster (yet...) don't really need everything it has to offer (although I am grateful they let you use it for free, an amazing resource).

So my question is does anyone else use it and what do you good videographers think of the results?

Does anyone use Lightroom to colour grade videos? I found several videos on Youtube showing how to do it (search on "Lightroom CC - Working with DSLR Video" for a good one from Julienne Kost but there are many out there) and the thing that amazed me was being able to take a frame of the video, use that to do your colour correction as per normal in Lightroom (that's if you came into this as a photographer and are well used to it which is my case), then go back and paste those settings into the video, a bit like having your very own LUT every time and super fast to do. I spent months trying to find my way around Da Vinci Resolve and while I just about have the hang of the colour grading now I find it very slow and tedious and since I am not making a Hollywood Blockbuster (yet...) don't really need everything it has to offer (although I am grateful they let you use it for free, an amazing resource).

So my question is does anyone else use it and what do you good videographers think of the results?
I use Lightroom for my images but never video. I'll have to try that.

I find LUTs are easy to use and very inexpensive. Heron Collection from Ground Control still my favorite for using with my P3S D-LOG video.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31