Upgrading my FC from Naza M to A2-what radio to us?

Reaction score
I've been told by several folks that the A2 is many magnitudes of improvement over the Naza M. So, I checked it out. It seems to be the cat's meow, and even has a built in receiver. With that I thought that I would be able to mate it with one of the DJI radios I already have on hand.

However, just to be sure, I asked DJI about using one of their radios (the one I have with my P2) with the A2. Here's what they said:

M. E. (DJI Technology )

May 8, 14:47

Dear Fred,

Thank you for contacting DJI. Upon review of the specs of the A 2 controller, it does not appear that this controller is compatible with the DT 7 radio. Please click on this link for more information on this point.

http://www.dji.com/product/a2/spec

Thank you for choosing DJI,
"The Future of Possible!”

DJI Customer Service North America

So it appears that DJI itself says that the DT-7 is incompatible (!) with the A2's receiver. But, in their email response to me, they send me a link for the A2. I click on it and lo and behold, under
Supported Transmitter for Built-in Receiver they have these two radios-Futaba FASST Series and DJI DESST Series.

I know what the Futbaba is, The DJI DESST series is their DT-7 radio! Can you spell contradiction? Or am I just not getting something here?

So, to cut to the chase, those of you that use the A2, what do you use for a radio?

Thanks!

Radioguy in OKC

I can't answer your last question but agree that the info. is contradictory.

However I believe the DT-7 will bind with the A2 no prob.

I can't answer your last question but agree that the info. is contradictory.

However I believe the DT-7 will bind with the A2 no prob.

Thanks for the reply. If I get really bored, I may just call DJI in California, see if I can talk to a human, and ask the same question. It baffles me that they'd build something that one of their own radios couldn't bind to. But, you never know!

DJI's customer phone support people are not the most informed ...I went through the same thing a few months ago with the new DJi radio with built in lipo and tilt wheel. I called and asked if it would work with my FC40. The person said point blank,no it wouldn't ,it was only for the Vision. I tried to tell her I wanted to control my gimbal.."your FC40 doesn't have a gimbal"...I hung up on her and ordered one from Amazon,if it didn't work it would go back. It works great.

Wayne

DJI's customer phone support people are not the most informed ...I went through the same thing a few months ago with the new DJi radio with built in lipo and tilt wheel. I called and asked if it would work with my FC40. The person said point blank,no it wouldn't ,it was only for the Vision. I tried to tell her I wanted to control my gimbal.."your FC40 doesn't have a gimbal"...I hung up on her and ordered one from Amazon,if it didn't work it would go back. It works great.

Wayne

Unfortunately, that seems to be a case with a lot of telephone support folks, not just DJI. That said, I did some more checking on line, and found one store (Atlanta Hobbies) that sells the DT7 and specifically says that it will work with the A2. Evidently, the other controllers (those that came with the original P1 and P2) do not. The DT7 is, of course, a 7 channel remote control which should take care of the basic food groups (pitch, yaw, roll and throttle) with 3 left over for other functions (I presume flight functions and gimbal operations).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers