!! UPDATE !! Is anyone else having multiple problems with the latest DJI GO 4 update ??

The biggest issue is the total lack of good regression testing on the part of DJI BEFORE releasing an update to the masses. One would think that for software that controls a remote aircraft that there would be some strict standards of testing in place with all kinds of iterations being performed to simulate as many scenarios as possible, all being performed with the varied versions of the aircraft and controllers that the update is designed for. That obviously isn't happening ... it may have been somewhat better previous to the '602' firmware release but now that DJI knows there are significant issues, it is even more of an atrocity that they don't appear to be doing much to fix it correctly or with displaying any urgency. Any idea when the next release (the fix to '602') is due out?

One thing is for sure ... DJI has no right to expect the customers to beta "test" their firmware using the customer's aircraft & hardware ... ALL of that beta testing and regression testing (to insure the beta didn't negatively change a previously working function) needs to be done by DJI thoroughly with DJI owned devices ... then after being well vetted, releasing it out to the masses.

Yes. Mine has started going schizo when I simply take a picture of roofs. I am no more than 50 feet away, 30 foot high and it will take it 15 to 30 seconds to write the photo after shutter. Weird. Then today the app just closed all together. Reconnected and finished the mission, but I have like 9 more to do this week and don't like the weirdness.
I am seeing this specific issue as well. I will get a pause after taking a pic of anywhere between a few seconds and up to 30. I thought it may have been some conflict on my ipad, but it sounds like this is a common issue? So far, I haven't had any issues with the multiple updates. I think a lot of it is the inclusion of the video editor, 360 view, and other stuff they are adding. All that stuff is fine and I would love to see a DJI GO Video editor. But, I wish they would leave the flight control app for what its intended, which is reliable flight control, not video editing, SkyPixel, forums and the DJI store. .

Everyone keeps mentioning us being beta testers... I've beta'd several things over the years. The crap they publish wouldn't even qualify as alpha in my book. Grr.

What's truly disgusting is there are several 3rd party apps primarily designed for mapping ops, and they seem to work great on devices that won't load GO or GO4, much less remain stable enough to fly with.

The dji dev team could use a slow drag down a freshly graded dirt road by their heels imho (he said jokingly, with fingers crossed and a wink-nudge).

Those that say they'll wait a few weeks to install updates, whether FW or app... check the history on publish dates. One or the other seems to come out almost monthly. Time to dl the SDK and learn to do this stuff myself i guess... even with the learning curve, the wait will probably be significantly shorter. Place your bets folks...

Of those 3rd party apps out there, I'm having a lot of luck with Ugci for fpv use on devices that GO and GO4 would constantly crash on. No luck with kittehhawk or drone deploy so far though. Litchi may well be on my dl list soon, $25 is small potatoes compared to the constant dji inflicted headaches. I still feel the hardware is truly top shelf however, why can't the software can't even make it to mostly useable is beyond me.

I would say it is a pretty simple answer ... for whatever reason DJI doesn't want to spend the money or time to pay GOOD programmers and do the necessary THOROUGH regression testing to deliver quality software for their full P4P product line. I agree with you that the hardware is top shelf ... one would think that the software would be of similar quality and functionality but unfortunately that has proven to be sadly untrue. I wish Litchi would develop a version of their software that would successfully load and run on the P4P + controller. That would be the best combination IMHO. That is the controller I have and I am running version '503' of their firmware (not totally bug free but the best out there currently). I tried the '602' version and it was horrendous so I downgraded before they pulled the plug on it being available as a downgrade option ... fortunately !!! :)

DJI uses regular people like you and me for beta testing. They have a whole beta testing program that regular customers can volunteer for. I've personally been a beta tester for P4P and Inspire 2.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT