P4P won't connect with controller.

Reaction score
I started up DJI Go 4 on my iPad Air before leaving to go fly and saw that a firmware update was needed so I downloaded and installed it.

Then I started up my P4P and my controller on the workbench just to make sure all was well. It wasn't.

The LED on the front of my controller, left of the battery status lights, is red and the two P4P rear lights are both blinking fast in a white-ish color.

I connected my P4P to my computer and started up DJI Assistant 2 which, after selecting my device, threw and error that says, "Cannot Load Firmware List. Please Retry." So I clicked on Retry and it failed again. There is a button on the screen that says, "Factory Reset." I tried that and it immediately threw an error that says, "Factory Reset Failed!"

At this point I do not know my next move. Maybe I just failed to do something simple, but this has never happened before. I have flown this aircraft 44 times and cannot think of any issues I've had that may have caused this. Any ideas?

Update: I downloaded the latest version of DJI Assistant 2 and was able to refresh the firmware on my P4P, but aircraft is still disconnected from controller.
Fast yellow flashing lights mean "Remote controller signal lost."

Last edited:
Look at relinking under rc settings,,,
1546811395421721597244.jpg

Thanks for the helping hand, ianzone. All is well now.

I had tried re-linking as shown on pp 42-43 of the user manual, and even saw the confirmation message that said, "aircraft linked," but still showed aircraft disconnected. But after rebooting both the P4P and th RC they connected! I'm not sure what caused them to lose the connection, but happy that they are connected now!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj