"Unsupported Video" on iPad using P4P

Reaction score
Hey, gang, last night I went out flying and took some video with my P4P. My friend changed the frame rate to 24 FPS -- but I think that was the only change. I'm not sure if he changed anything else. Anyways, when I got home, I loaded the video files onto my iPad. When i went to play them, it says that the files are "unsupported." They also won't play in the Phantom GoApp either. Any ideas why this is happening? I never had an issue like this with my P4 --- something must have changed.

there is a little program called "MediaInfo" that will tell you all sorts of information of video files. video type, resolution, aspect ratio, frame rate, even displays the gps location tags. That should help point you to what the file is.
But I record at 1080 24fps without a problem.

Okay, I will check it out. When I try to open the file with Quicktime it says, "Error- 2002: a bad public movie was found in the movie"

I believe this is some kind of SD card issue. I'm using a SanDisk Extreme PLUS 64GB XC1

google says it usually shows up when parts of video are missing. So could be the card is dropping writes leaving gaps.
Try playing it in VLC player

Try a lower size capture, if the card can't keep up, that would tell you if 1080 works.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.