Drone video to play on 4k tv

Reaction score
I have a Vizio 4K tv. my Phantom 3 pro 4k video is on an Extreme usb 3.0 usb drive. When plugged into usb on tv , it will only play 1080 video. Is there a usb drive to 4k hdmi adapter I can use. I see some cables, but I think they need power from usb to work. I want to use the usb drive and not a computer to plug into the tv. Or, is there something I can use with the sd card instead?

Thanks so much

jmc667

I have a Vizio 4K tv. my Phantom 3 pro 4k video is on an Extreme usb 3.0 usb drive. When plugged into usb on tv , it will only play 1080 video. Is there a usb drive to 4k hdmi adapter I can use. I see some cables, but I think they need power from usb to work. I want to use the usb drive and not a computer to plug into the tv. Or, is there something I can use with the sd card instead?

Thanks so much

jmc667
Have you considered the possibility that your VIZIO TV may need the 4K video on the USB drive to be formatted in a particular format? For example, I know that some TVs require 4K video to be formatted as MKV with H.265/HEVC video encoding before they will work via USB.

I don't know about your particular model TV, but I don't think the P3P supports H.265. I admit that I could be wrong about that given my advanced age.

Just something else to think about as you troubleshoot. Good luck!

Thanks so much. If I record in 1080 the tv sees the card, and I can play them. I'll keep working on it. I think your right about the formatting.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie