Unintended excursions

Reaction score
I have an early 3
Last year I had an uninstructed vertical excursion. It went into a hard landing and had to be returned for repair which was done under warranty

It returned last month
Yesterday it did a downward vertical excursion followed by upward and then it wandered off into oblivion
The come home feature showed but it did not return

I only know one other person who has an early 3 and he also had an uninstructed excursion. He had to buy a new one and had no more trouble

So am I alone? Or is this a software defect?

If you have your DJI GO flight log, then please upload it here.

I am away for three weeks. I don't have the craft .its last photos were a mile away over forests at maximum height.

I see I should be able to recover from the iPhone. I will do that

Meantime. I only know two owners. Both have had to this issue with early drones.
I know that you he other owner gave up and bought a new model and did not have the issue again.

I had mine repaired after the last excursion but it then went crazy again as soon as it had been in the air about 10 minutes.

My observations are

It seems more likely when battery power is under 40%

It seems to start with a vertical excursion. Up or down. I have had both.

In the vertical excursion it is not responding to vertical instructions but does to directional instructions. Then it takes a horozontal path. If the excursion is up of course!

It stays on the horozontal path even if the controller is turned off. The screen says it's coming home but it actually just hovers. It does not reverse path .it does not return.

I have seen the same pattern each time. The last one took it too far to retrieve.

Because of the repeat nature of the excursions I think something is wrong in the software. I am in that business so I see patterns that repeat and seem problem sources.

There are hundreds of these early ones around. I felt there must be a number of these experiences

Thanks for your insight and help

]Yes ... it's hard to know what happened from those basic details.
To make any comment, we'd have to see flight data for the flights.[/QUOTE]

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4