Uncontrollable crash

If you want to have an idea what happened post the DAT so some of us can have a look.
It will give a good indication what caused the crash.
I would like to do so, but the file is too big (44MB) to be attached to this comment. And the website https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/ is maybe to frequented today, as my upload has no progress, always "please wait" - see attachment

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2016-05-08 um 22.51.09.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2016-05-08 um 22.51.09.png
    92.6 KB · Views: 468
I might be wrong but doesn't bringing the left stick down to its fullest extent turn the motors off? It does when I catch mine.
No. It does not unless it is on the ground. Csc is only way to shut mid air. Not just v shaped but the combination outward too.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I found one more strange thing. When I look up my adjustments at the dji-go-app it suddenly says, RTH modus: 0m, but it was at 70m. Could this be somehow related?

I found one more strange thing. When I look up my adjustments at the dji-go-app it suddenly says, RTH modus: 0m, but it was at 70m. Could this be somehow related?
I'm no expert, but it should still descend in a controlled way to the RTH altitude. It shouldn't just drop out of control there.

I would like to do so, but the file is too big (44MB) to be attached to this comment. And the website https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/ is maybe to frequented today, as my upload has no progress, always "please wait" - see attachment
DJI Phantom 3 Log Viewer - Phantom Help only takes the txt log that you retrieve from the tablet.
If you have the DATs from the aircraft you should upload the files in dropbox or google drive and Paste the link here (or PM me).
I can convert the Dat using Datcon DatFile.net/downloads and post the telemetry details of the flight.
Here an example of what it looks like.

No. It does not unless it is on the ground. Csc is only way to shut mid air. Not just v shaped but the combination outward too.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanks for that, learnt something else today.

@Fernossi , if you can do as Luap suggested and place the .DAT file in a public dropbox link, Luap will be able to use the tools he created in dashware just for situations like this. The .DAT file will provide the best resolution detail once converted with the DatCon converter. This is an offer worth responding to.

I'm not sure if Luap provided you details on recovering the .DAT file or not, but just be sure to upload the largest file out of the group shown for that flight.

Thanks for all your help, especially Luap and flyNfrank. This is great.
I have retracted the last six files from that particular day (May 8) by their respective numbers. I thought the last file (fly068) should be the crash file, but, since flyNfrank mentioned, that I should upload the largest file (which is fly065 - 300MB), so I moved six files to dropbox. I hope the crash-file is among them. Otherwise I would have to connect to the drone again and see whether there are more files from that day. You can find the files here:

Fly063.dat (1,8MB): Dropbox - FLY063.DAT
Fly064.dat (90MB): Dropbox - FLY064.DAT
Fly065.dat (300MB): Dropbox - FLY065.DAT
Fly066.dat (6MB): Dropbox - FLY066.DAT
Fly067.dat (58MB): Dropbox - FLY067.DAT
Fly068.dat (43MB): Dropbox - FLY068.DAT

I have retracted the last six files from that particular day (May 8) by their respective numbers. I thought the last file (fly068) should be the crash file, but, since flyNfrank mentioned, that I should upload the largest file (which is fly065 - 300MB), so I moved six files to dropbox. I hope the crash-file is among them. Otherwise I would have to connect to the drone again and see whether there are more files from that day. You can find the files here:

Generally when you go to upload a .dat file you will notice there is 2-3 files for each flight. It is common for someone not to mentioned this and a user ends up going through a lengthy process only to find out the flight he or she sent was the wrong one and has to go through it all over again. Pretty much what nobody shares with us is that a .dat file gets written each time it is powered up. So flying or not, a file is writing until the power is shut down.

Generally when you go to upload a .dat file you will notice there is 2-3 files for each flight. It is common for someone not to mentioned this and a user ends up going through a lengthy process only to find out the flight he or she sent was the wrong one and has to go through it all over again. Pretty much what nobody shares with us is that a .dat file gets written each time it is powered up. So flying or not, a file is writing until the power is shut down.
But, isn't there any sequence? And shouldn't the last file (here fly068.dat) of that day be the one, where the crash happens?

But, isn't there any sequence? And shouldn't the last file (here fly068.dat) of that day be the one, where the crash happens?

You are probably correct. I haven't downloaded any of your files so I'm only replying based on the usual events that take place. I'm sure @Luap will have something up in no time once he see's that your files are ready for upload. To my knowledge he is one of the few that is able to use the converter profiles he created for his Operating System. Btw, it can take hour upon hours of time just to put together what we see when he diagnoses a flight.

As flyNfrank said Fly065.DAT is the crash log.

Every time you turn on and off the battery there is a Dat log created. That includes when you turn the battery on to upload the log file to your computer. So its not always clear which is the crash log.

Below what Dashware recorded in the last 30 seconds of the Fly065.dat flight straight out of the converted Dat using the Datconverter at GUI Version of DatConverter.

Check the altitude graph, the stick movement gauge and and the motors chart.
Fairly clear a CSC was initiated, shutting the motors, altitude loss and crash. This is from the telemetry info out of the the DAT.

So I might have panicked and pushed both sticks to the limit. I should have used the RTH button instead Thank you.

Reactions: curiosity
Pulling the left stick to the fully downward position will most definitely shut off your motors. Doesn't matter if your close to the ground or 100 feet in the air. Since the new update, all that is required to shut down is left stick down. I'm not saying that is what happened, but some of the info stated above was incorrect. Just wanted to clarify.

Reactions: Fernossi
Pulling the left stick to the fully downward position will most definitely shut off your motors. Doesn't matter if your close to the ground or 100 feet in the air. Since the new update, all that is required to shut down is left stick down. I'm not saying that is what happened, but some of the info stated above was incorrect. Just wanted to clarify.
One stick is enough? This is terrifying, since it could happen accidently. Are you sure?

I have the latest update and have not had this issue at all over the multiple flights I've had. Have you yourself experienced this?

Left stick fully down will not stop the motors unless the Phantom has already stopped descending by being on the ground (landed) or in your hand via hand catch.

I've had issues with prop wash on other birds so I'm always leery of rapid descent. I always come down gradually, far slower than I climb.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl