Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I have recently encountered a problem on my last job which has prevented me to fly my Phantom 3 Professional indoors.

The error reported on screen was "Compass Error". Obviously this made sense, being inside a warehouse with probably a strong magnetic field interfering. What I don't understand though is why if I switched it to fully manual, would it not start? No take off whatsoever, I've tried both the manual command to take off and the automatic one on screen, both failed to start the motors and the compass error message continued to display.

I've also tried to start it up outside and it did, and then proceeded to bring it inside by hand while it was on and after about 10 seconds it began to land automatically! I had barely any control on the height anymore.

This is the first time it has happened to me, I have flown it indoors on other occasions with no problems. Anybody had this issue? Google doesn't seem to help much on this.

I have had another request to fly indoors next week and I'm worried it will fail again. Thanks for your time!

when you took it outside and it was fine did you leave all the equipment on or turn it off again when you brought it indoors again?

If you did, what happens when you do the compass calibration outside and bring everything indoors still turned on?

Obviously like you said, it's the compass error stopping you for safety I believe.

when you took it outside and it was fine did you leave all the equipment on or turn it off again when you brought it indoors again?

If you did, what happens when you do the compass calibration outside and bring everything indoors still turned on?

Obviously like you said, it's the compass error stopping you for safety I believe.

Hi, so yeah I got the propellors going outside with correct compass calibration also, then took it inside by hand whilst still on and after about 10 seconds from loosing the compass calibration it started to land automatically. I understand the various precautions it may have but surely if everything is set to manual I should be able to override this no?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj