Reaction score
Hi,

I've just recently brought an DJI Phantom 2 Vision from eBay, and my attempt to calibrate this device has been unsuccessful several times. When I horizontally calibrate it everything is fine and the led lights turn to green, however when I do it vertically I do not have the same luck.

Is anyone here able to offer advice on what may be up with the device and what sort of things can be done to fix this problem?

Hi there, I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the vertical positioning part for the calibration... but are you pointing the drone with the camera facing the ground? I'm no expert but that's the way I've always done my calibration. Good luck and safe flying. Regards Ian.

Reactions: TheWhiteGuy
Yes mate, the camera is pointing towards the floor but just results in a yellow light slowly flashing.

I have however been trying this indoors I'm not sure if that is a factor in it not working.

Try doing it outside and/or in another location.

Also try not to be near anything that is large and metallic such as manhole covers and electrical devices in metal cabinets etc. because I nearly fell for that one in the past. Regards Ian.

And by God, don't wear tinfoil hats when calibrating.

Thanks for the advice guys, it's much appreciated. If this doesn't work would it perhaps be sensible go invest in a new compass for the device.

And damnn there goes my weekend plans of wearing tin foil hats

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic