Trying to learn very basic things about Phantom 3

I also saw an app on the android store where you can adjust the remote control output power and a lot of people gave it great ratings. For the life of me I can't remember what its called but hope someone can chime in
I think you're referring to 'Magic Power' and it works with the P3S (but not with the P3A and the P3P for anyone who's wondering :)).

For the OP, I've found some relevant threads about the Magic Power app with a search (magnifying glass at top right).

Search Results for Query: magic power | DJI Phantom Drone Forum

I don't use it as I have a P3P but I read somewhere that it will only boost the video signal, not the control signal. Ah yes - here's an informative thread about it.

How to Update Tx-Power with Magic Power v5.0

Last edited:
Reactions: Neon Euc
I recently went through the same dilemma whether to get the p3s or the p3a? I ended up going with a refurbished p3a fromw Amazon and if I didnt know id say its new. I made the choice because not only the bettter range, the p3a compared to the p3s ises 2 different sat sytems for gps and the reliability seemed better. Everything I researched online found no difference in quality going refurb over new...other than about $150 cheaper. I never go refurb with anything, but all the reviews i saw saw no issues different from a new one. Also you get same warranty and everything when gotten from DJI themselves. I understand the issue with the cost, thats why I waited till I saved a little more. I know id be kicking myself for not just waiting and getting the p3s months ago!

Reactions: Neon Euc
nopeda I also came from Syma X5c and lots of micro and mini quads. I purchased the P3 Standard extra batteries and a 64g U3 memory card I also bought the windsurfer booster for extended range which the standard really didn't need and eventually bought the argtek antenna system. The standard was able to get out to distances in stock form that made the drone a tiny speck however I'd loose WIFI every now and then. Nothing terrible and Id usually get the signal back after a few seconds. I went ahead and bought the ARGtek to get a better WIFI signal and its been fantastic. I threw around the idea of buying the advanced or Pro when I bough the Standard. I chose the standard because you shouldn't fly past line of sight anyhow. Yes the advanced and pro would have been a nicer drone, but the Standard under legal flight rules is just as good. You wont regret the standard its an amazing quad. I installed a gimbal guard, nice tablet/phone holder and a better gimbal lock because the factory one is a nightmare to remove if installed properly. Hope this helps

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav