Travelling on British Airways with Phantom 4

Should I trust the website of the phone operator's advice?

• Phone Operator

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 76824

I've got a fair bit of travel planned in the next year, all with British Airways, starting in December, and I'm trying to find out about travel restrictions and taking the drone with.

From what I gather from the BA website, there are certain restrictions on batteries that if I comply with, I will ok to take them in my hand luggage. I cannot find anything at all about any drone restrictions as far as taking it to check in or as hand luggage.

When I phone BA however, they tell me I will probably have to check the drone in, and will definitely have to check the batteries in but they aren't sure. They said to just 'take it to the airport and try' which is TOTALLY USELESS advice.

Does anyone have experience with this? I'll be flying from Heathrow Terminal 5. I have bought a rucksack to pack all he equipment securely that complies with cabin baggage size regulations.

Thanks!

Does anyone have experience with this? I'll be flying from Heathrow Terminal 5. I have bought a rucksack to pack all he equipment securely that complies with cabin baggage size regulations.
Airport security won't even blink when they see the distinctive shape of the Phantom on the X-ray scanner.
They see them every day and because they aren't on any list of prohibited items, they won't care. (The're looking for real threats like nail scissors).
Follow the BA website instructions for batteries - you have to take them in carry-on luggage and I'd be surprised if there's any problem taking everything on the plane.

Airport security won't even blink when they see the distinctive shape of the Phantom on the X-ray scanner.
They see them every day and because they aren't on any list of prohibited items, they won't care. (The're looking for real threats like nail scissors).
Follow the BA website instructions for batteries - you have to take them in carry-on luggage and I'd be surprised if there's any problem taking everything on the plane.

Thanks, interesting to hear what you've said about batteries, as that was the impression I got from reading that web page as well. When I phoned up I was told entirely the opposite. The customer service reps seemed to not have a clue and had to look it up.

Thanks, interesting to hear what you've said about batteries

Most definitely - 100% - on any airline, the batteries have to be packed as carry on - having in a LiPo-safe bag is even better for each battery.

Due to temperature and cabin pressure fluctuations they are not safe as checked baggage in the cargo hold of the plane.

Do a search on here and you will find a lot of info relating on how to travel with Li-Po batteries.

Thanks, interesting to hear what you've said about batteries, as that was the impression I got from reading that web page as well. When I phoned up I was told entirely the opposite. The customer service reps seemed to not have a clue and had to look it up.
If you ask people that don't know, you often get wrong answers.
To save typing again, there's some appropriate advice in this thread from the other day: Jetstar - flying with batteries

Thanks all! Very helpful advice and I will but some Lipo bags and take it all with me as carry on.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31