[TOOL][WIN] Offline TXT FlightRecord to CSV Converter

Ah, thank you for clarifying. I have everything working right now, but..., for whatever reason, I can't get it run on Azure. It could only be 1 of 2 things:
1) Dependency issues. (e.g. it's missing a DLL needed to run properly, and Azure isn't telling me that)
2) Azure does not allow "file creation", from the exe. (maybe it would consider that like a worm virus?)

Even Azure is looking into it.

Any other thoughts about known files, dlls, etc. needed for the utility to run?

Thanks,
Ben

@ferraript has been outstanding thus far with this program. And if you @Ben Parnau are able to take it up another level, that would be great.

And @Ben Parnau , if we were to mention Christmas lists, it would super awesome if someone with such abilities were able to rejuvenate the Dashware program that needs some attention. :)

Next step would be extracting data from dji log file directly to database and making web based data viewer/browser. What healthy drones did. Only with enthusiast level data set.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Now this would be the Hot Ticket, @Ben Parnau.

That is definitely doable, however, there would unfortunately be a cost association due to the large amount of data being transferred/stored.

For example: (If this was actually up and running right now)

How many log files per day do you think would be uploaded?

Would people actually use it?

I'm just curious because if it were a small enough crowd, I could probably host it for free.

Crowd size would be dictated based on bell's & whistle's included. At this point I think some on-going discussion on this subject needs to take place. It's easy to say let's do this and that, but there is dedication and certain priorities then need considered as well.

If anyone is interested, this is my Dashware setup for my Phantom 3 Standard (FW 1.7.9), using the CSV file generated with the 2016.11.27 version of "Offline TXT FlightRecord to CSV Converter".
Gauge layout is pretty simple, but clean and informative. In the attached zip:
  • DJI.xml is the data profile, which must be copied into the DataProfile folder of Dashware (eg C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\DashWare\DataProfiles)
  • CustomDataTypes.xml contains the custom data types (duh...) used by the profile, and must be copied into the Settings folder of Dashware
  • DJI Main Metric.dashware is the main gauge, which can be installed by double-clicking it (or by manually importing it from Dashware's Gauge Toolbox). Gauge is optimized for 1080p video.

DJI Dashware.jpg

Attachments

• 2016.12.16 DJI Dashware.zip
    9.1 KB · Views: 245
Reactions: Digdat0
That's true. Considering I don't know that much about this stuff, it would have to be designed "in house". (e.g. by you guys) I think an on-going discussion would certainly be warranted. I believe I have the talent to build it, but I lack the understanding and true value.

I have to say that my thinking on this is well above what it needs to be. Because of that I'd rather stick to my original question to you about rejuvenating the dashware program. As it is now it is well out dated and can be rather slow in some processes. Not to mention it is not capable of doing anything with 4k. It needs to be very user friendly with youtube as that is where the majority will share their videos. It's not that there needs to be a bunch of new features added but more so about the video rendering much quicker, and possibly functioning with the DAT file along the way.

Would this be a possible task?

announcement for all users of my tool
it was created as freeware and intended for personal use only
I can't stop you, but, please, don't use it as some "resource" to make profit out of it
thanks for understanding

That is exactly what brought me to say this here -> "I have to say that my thinking on this is well above what it needs to be. Because of that I'd rather stick to my original question to you about rejuvenating the dashware program."

I'm not sure I fully understand. To better answer, could you be more specific, with the complete start-to-finish flow you envision?

My starting questions would be:
1. What/where does this data come from?
2. What software renders it?
3. Does the rendering software need to be built from scratch? (or does existing software need to be improved upon)
4. What is the ultimate task with the rendered result?
5. What other features would be nice to have?
6. [Anything else?]

I guess that would be a "fair" starting point to help me understand the possibilities.
Thoughts?

1. What/where does this data come from? I have installed the program and just looked through it's directories.
2. What software renders it? *See image below.
3. Does the rendering software need to be built from scratch? (or does existing software need to be improved upon) I doubt it, it mostly just needs updated to current standards.
4. What is the ultimate task with the rendered result? To convert the dashware VSP file to usable video formats.
5. What other features would be nice to have? Gather details from others a later.
6. [Anything else?] 4k compatible has been mentioned a lot.

BenPic.jpg

announcement for all users of my tool
it was created as freeware and intended for personal use only
I can't stop you, but, please, don't use it as some "resource" to make profit out of it
thanks for understanding

Does the 1st post still contain the most recent version?

yes, nothing's new lately

Why does the data columns HOME.motor1EscmState's report "MotorOff" throughout the entire flight with the Mavic Pro? Seems odd to for it to report the motors being off when they are in fact running.
Are those columns there for a different model air craft?

Why does the data columns HOME.motor1EscmState's report "MotorOff" throughout the entire flight with the Mavic Pro? Seems odd to for it to report the motors being off when they are in fact running.
Are those columns there for a different model air craft?
I noticed it too, but I have no idea

Is anyone having trouble converting .txt files to .csv with the tool? Everything seemed to be working up to about 12/9, but since then, converted files are empty.

I guess I could process this them through Healthy Drones :(

Is anyone having trouble converting .txt files to .csv with the tool? Everything seemed to be working up to about 12/9, but since then, converted files are empty.

I guess I could process this them through Healthy Drones :(
if you don't offer one as example, it's useless to complain

@ferraript Thanks for looking into it, your tool has been super useful.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2016-12-09_[08-38-46].txt
    786.2 KB · Views: 313
  • DJIFlightRecord_2016-12-30_[09-56-30].txt
    193.8 KB · Views: 287
  • DJIFlightRecord_2016-12-30_[09-50-16].txt
    520.1 KB · Views: 326
  • DJIFlightRecord_2016-12-09_[08-49-56].txt
    263.8 KB · Views: 329
  • DJIFlightRecord_2016-12-30_[16-01-40].txt
    1.2 MB · Views: 275
  • DJIFlightRecord_2016-12-30_[16-15-10].txt
    722.7 KB · Views: 280
  • DJIFlightRecord_2017-01-02_[11-07-51].txt
    707.8 KB · Views: 334
  • DJIFlightRecord_2017-01-02_[13-01-15].txt
    475.6 KB · Views: 356
  • DJIFlightRecord_2017-01-02_[13-06-39].txt
    457.8 KB · Views: 318
  • DJIFlightRecord_2017-01-02_[13-11-46].txt
    196.4 KB · Views: 320
@ferraript Thanks for looking into it, your tool has been super useful.
some of those logs are broken - they contain neither header nor detail section - let me ask you, is DJI GO able to show flight records out of them? because I believe it isn't
anyway, I was able to adapt my tool so it can read those logs - but, I can't guarantee it will read all broken flightlogs
so enjoy ;)

Three questions for ferraript (although I feel I should call you "Mr Ferraript" or "Sir"!):

1) Is it just me or are some fields missing from Friday's update? For example RECOVER.batterySn, DETAILS.city & DETAILS.area.
2) Would it be possible to have a "-ver" command line option, to return a version number, or build date?
3) Is there any way of obtaining height above sea level (MSL) rather the height above launch point?

Actually it looks like the missing fields might be because of some difference between DJI Go & DJI Go 4.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20