This is gonna be fun! (Distance tests)

I bloody did it. Made it out to 3259m (10692ft) with my P3S. Has DBS mod and I am in Australia, so I think it is CE mode. Flew it out, though lost both control and video signals. Didn't have any connection back till nearly half way home. Took the prop guards off like DB said, and there was no wind at all. Only needed/wanted to goto 2klm but over the moon with the result!View attachment 61660
sweet deal

Reactions: 1800BigRob
I bloody did it. Made it out to 3259m (10692ft) with my P3S. Has DBS mod and I am in Australia, so I think it is CE mode. Flew it out, though lost both control and video signals. Didn't have any connection back till nearly half way home. Took the prop guards off like DB said, and there was no wind at all. Only needed/wanted to goto 2klm but over the moon with the result!View attachment 61660

Which firmware did u use?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Good job 1800bigrob!!! How were your nerves!?! You get the shakes? Did you get total disconnect till half way back?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using PhantomPilots mobile app

Nice Job!

Reactions: 1800BigRob
Good job 1800bigrob!!! How were your nerves!?! You get the shakes? Did you get total disconnect till half way back?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using PhantomPilots mobile app
Pro, my nerves were shot. The controller battery was also low, so I had run inside to get a charger, and didn't see that connection was restored at 1.7klm. Completely disconnected till then.
Next mod is to boost the video feed :)

Reactions: Procharged97
Pro, my nerves were shot. The controller battery was also low, so I had run inside to get a charger, and didn't see that connection was restored at 1.7klm. Completely disconnected till then.
Next mod is to boost the video feed :)
Yeah man its scary when it disconnects, not knowing what its doing! I had that happen to me Sunday! lol my wife and kids were more of a wreck than I was. Amp will help big time!! or you can get the Maxxrange or Terminator to use for the 2.4 side and keep the small DBS panel for the 5.8! 3 miles it just around the corner BigRob, keep at it!!

hey guys been busy moving but i did find time to take the P3S over lake erie, got it out 3 miles and turned it around, can defiantly push it more.

**** Tony was wondering what happened to ya!!

I miss it out there!!! I don't like this cold out here lol

East Coast now Tony?

I went 2.25 miles out over Lake Erie (Lakewood, OH) a few weeks ago. 100% stock P3P w/WindSurfer. Sporadically lost signal for a few seconds here and there, but it was solid almost the entire trip. I think I could have went further but I was shaking too much.

Right on Bob!!! lol you get the leg shakes too? do you free hand the rc or tripod it?

When trying to run the patch, it happened...how can I fix it? Pls help ... :(

e54de1d2d4706cfac6786d8f2bb120e9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT