Introduction/ 3D Parts/ Input needed!

Reaction score
Hey guys, new to the forum and new to the drone world! I picked up a P3S about 3 weeks ago and have been in love with it ever since! I have been an RC hobbyist for about 20 years now mostly planes, heli's, cars, planes and boats. On to the drone.... couple mods so far on the standard 1. Inspire mount on controller 2. 3D print Inspire mount extender for iPad pro 12.9 3. 3D print gimbal guard 4. Polar Pro Lens kit 5. FPVLR Antenna kit (shipped)

I am on the DJI Forum as well and I had noticed a lot of talk over there about the new FW causing issues with the standard model, even some making them worthless. I had updated mine straight out of the box to 1.6.8 and it had no issues but upon reading so many posts that 1.5.7 was so much better I thought I'd give it a try. So last night I had downgraded it to 1.5.7 and took it out the next morning and I couldn't break 600ft distance. I went back in and re-upgraded it to 1.6.8 and I had no problems hitting 2500ft in a congested area. I don't know if this is truly an issue with the drones because I was only on the one forum. But my conclusion of the FW with my P3S is 1.6.8 works great and allows my drone to fly just as it should!

Onto what most of you probably clicked on this for... the 3D prints! I have printed off a couple things for my drone so far. Like I said up top I have printed a couple things so far and am interested in designing more and need everyone's input! The gimbal guard is a modified yeggi file I found and now it is very stable and works perrrrfectt! Over on the other forum a few guys said they would be interested in a new set of landing gear, either being completely new design or add-on gear to the stock landing gear. I was thinking about incorporating 1/18th scale shocks into something for a clip-on setup.... I'm not sure really and that is where I need yalls input!!! I scanned the drone today and will start working on a landing gear setup as soon as some input starts coming in! Onto the pictures!

20160518_155316.jpg 20160514_222712.jpg 20160514_223931.jpg 20160514_224009.jpg 20160516_222845.jpg 20160516_222854.jpg 20160518_143147.jpg 20160518_143309.jpg 20160518_143322.jpg 20160514_222559.jpg

Got just a couple ;) The big one... I have not finished yet... yeilds 6ftx6ftx5.5ft :)

I picked up a P3S about 3 weeks ago and have been in love with it ever since!

I am on the DJI Forum as well and I had noticed a lot of talk over there about the new FW causing issues with the standard model, even some making them worthless. I had updated mine straight out of the box to 1.6.8 and it had no issues but upon reading so many posts that 1.5.7 was so much better I thought I'd give it a try. So last night I had downgraded it to 1.5.7 and took it out the next morning and I couldn't break 600ft distance. I went back in and re-upgraded it to 1.6.8 and I had no problems hitting 2500ft in a congested area. I don't know if this is truly an issue with the drones because I was only on the one forum. But my conclusion of the FW with my P3S is 1.6.8 works great and allows my drone to fly just as it should!

Questions,
#1 What firmware was in it you purchased it?, 1.6.8 came out May 9th, Less than 3 weeks ago.
#2 So out of the box, you updated to 1.5.7?
#3 How did you downgrade, through the app, or putting an older bin file on the SD card?
#4 If you downgraded with the app, is there or was there an option to load older than 1.5.7?
#5 What are you using for your mobile device?
#6 Couldn't break 600ft, was there an error message / warning?

Should posted that part here,
All-in-One firmware Version: v1.6.80
Let us know, the downgrade option has only been out about 6 weeks, I had it until I went to 1.5.7.
Its there but none to pick from anymore, On a crApple or an Antroid. Ants eat Apples.
:D

Questions,
#1 What firmware was in it you purchased it?, 1.6.8 came out May 9th, Less than 3 weeks ago.
#2 So out of the box, you updated to 1.5.7?
#3 How did you downgrade, through the app, or putting an older bin file on the SD card?
#4 If you downgraded with the app, is there or was there an option to load older than 1.5.7?
#5 What are you using for your mobile device?
#6 Couldn't break 600ft, was there an error message / warning?

Should posted that part here,
All-in-One firmware Version: v1.6.80
Let us know, the downgrade option has only been out about 6 weeks, I had it until I went to 1.5.7.
Its there but none to pick from anymore, On a crApple or an Antroid. Ants eat Apples.
:D

Ok... Ill do my best to answer these.
1. It came with 1.5.7 on it and I upgraded it to 1.6.8. (didn't fly it with 1.5.7... the way they have the app blink red... I took no chance and updated it)
2. Yes
3. I downgraded by getting the FW from phantomhelp, formatting a sd card, putting said FW onto sd card (no folder), turned on controller and connected to APP and then turned on drone. Once you turn on the drone the downgrade process begins. (I had to hit the home button on the app, once it kicked back to the first screen it would say "uploading --%")
4. Phantom help has all the older FW's. You could downgrade to anything, I would imagine.
5. When I did the downgrade I was using an Amazon Fire 7". (The super cheap one, I got it for 28 dollars on back friday.) I am currently using an iPad Pro 12.9" though.
6. Couldn't break 600ft as in it would drop video feed and say "weak signal" and "lost signal"

I hope that helps and any other questions... FIRE AWAY! Ill do my best to answer them!

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj