Cloning Lightbridge Technology Into P3S !!

Reaction score
ok guys i'm back

after a day comes from my vacation i'm begin a new mod
finally i cant stop making my mouth closed, you wont believed this is my 10 minutes unfreeze video fpv on my history flew my p3s

please to be notes guys, this is urban area, you wont be able flew even > 50meters with factory default, so 1.5km without amp and antenna mod and not a lot of video freeze is AMAZING!!

IMHO !!
lightbridge technology is just using frequency 10mhz or 5mhz width
that's why phantom which is using LB always using usb cable to their PHONES
because frequency is not acceptable with the phones wifi (need 20/40 mhz)

"this is my global desc of my mod, yess i'm sorry i'm not giving you "HOWTO" detail information right now, but i'm working on it with video in some other time"

oke enough for preface lets jump into how i'm doing this mod

1st you have to mod your phantom with
Phantom 3 Standard range mod , let's do it together...
for accessing internal shell
Thanks To Ojcze Nasz

if you done with point above now we goto advance parts

1. change channel on the RC+AC (both side) into 10mhz or 5mhz width what ever you prefer, but more less width it will more range (double of it) but more less bandwidth!!

*learn about chanbw

2. because our phones cannot connect into 10mhz/5mhz so i'm using another OpenWRT router (external) with same frequency to connected into RC AP

3. using usb to ethernet, plugin to the phone and rj45 connected to Router external

countion!! this is for expert, do not trying if you not having knowledge about it, wait until someone can explain this mod or wait until i'm made my HOWTO video
and this is about 2.4ghz video link not about 5.8ghz

this is my last night flight
1. power 25dbm at both side (RC+AC)
2. using freq 2472 (13) with 10mhz width
3. no other mod (all using stock antenna) except 5.8ghz antenna i'm using 11dBi patch

*edit: add number)
4. i'm unlock (open) wpa2/psk mode, without password
5. because of point 4, i'm disable broadcast RC AP to hidden SSID

*point 4, without wpa2/psk you can double your range, bacause wpa2 using encrypted data and it makes decrease range (almost half of it)

for privacy reason i'm sorry about cutting of some area on the image

Attachments

• screenshoot.png
    screenshoot.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,032
Last edited:
ok guys i'm back

finally i cant stop making my mouth closed, you wont believed this is my 10 minutes unfreeze video fpv on my history flew my p3s

please to be notes guys, this is urban area, you wont be able flew even > 50meters with factory default, so 1.5km without amp and antenna mod and not a lot of video freeze is AMAZING!!

IMHO !!

"this is my global desc of my mod, yess i'm sorry i'm not giving you "HOWTO" detail information right now, but i'm working on it with video in some other time"

Thanks To Ojcze Nasz

1. change channel on the RC+AC (both side) into 10mhz or 5mhz width what ever you prefer, but more less width it will more range (double of it) but more less bandwidth!!

*learn about chanbw

2. because our phones cannot connect into 10mhz/5mhz so i'm using another OpenWRT router (external) with same frequency to connected into RC AP

3. using usb to ethernet, plugin to the phone and rj45 connected to Router external

countion!! this is for expert, do not trying if you not having knowledge about it, wait until someone can explain this mod or wait until i'm made my HOWTO video

3. no other mod (all using stock antenna) except 5.8ghz antenna i'm using 11dBi patch

I want to give round of applause for your efforts. I also use stock antenna except 5.8 RC(5.8g booster). I don't understand why less band width get more good signal. (I am not a expert.) I have enough good video transfer by just using FCC 27dBm mod.

I want to give round of applause for your efforts. I also use stock antenna except 5.8 RC(5.8g booster). I don't understand why less band width get more good signal. (I am not a expert.) I have enough good video transfer by just using FCC 27dBm mod.
wow 2500 meters plus nice work man. have you made a howto vid yet?

Very impressive range, I take it you must have modded both bird& rc.
I noticed you were constantly getting weak signal message, is this normal
I tend to turn back at first mesage.

good question my friend,

maybe i'm not expert to detail explain about it, but in easy way let see in this side, a lot of wifi devices (handphones - hotspot etc) using 2.4ghz with 20mhz/40mhz width for their spectrum, so if using 10mhz it is not overlaping channel (clear channel) far from interference, 2nd explain less spectrum more narrowed signal, its like you compare omni antena with patch antenna, same dbi but hell a lot of different :D
my friend if you did that mod (you allready have all devices to do this mod) i bet you can double or maybe triple range as you have it right now :)

*dont worry to correction my description guys, i'm open mind guy, all input or correction about my mod i'll be appreciate

wow 2500 meters plus nice work man. have you made a howto vid yet?
Very impressive range, I take it you must have modded both bird& rc.
I noticed you were constantly getting weak signal message, is this normal
I tend to turn back at first mesage.

guys guys c'mon, i'm talking urban area here, to much succes story people in youtube i've seen about they range, but can you find in urban area ? its a nightmare for signal
so, if you can 1KM in urban area maybe is equally 2-3KM in outer city

*point 4, without wpa2/psk you can double your range, bacause wpa2 using encrypted data and it makes decrease range (almost half of it)

Hello Korakora,

How did you narrow the channel width to 10mhz?
How did you disable wpa2?

"2. because our phones cannot connect into 10mhz/5mhz so i'm using another OpenWRT router (external) with same frequency to connected into RC AP

3. using usb to ethernet, plugin to the phone and rj45 connected to Router external"

is it possible to modify android phone into 5/10mhz width (after root) ?
so we dont need to use a external router + usb nic

i dont think there is any gain in using 5/10mhz ranges

wifi operates in 5mhz per channel anyway, your devices just broadcast/overlap in 20/40mhz regions.

in urban cities it may help to block some overlapping.

see

WiFi Channels | WiFi Frequency Bands List | Radio-Electronics.com capital
2.4 GHz WiFi channel overlap and selection

lightbridge uses a different/proprietary protocol than tcp and does, for example, not require big packets to be resend because of data loss and multiple other features.
on top of that, lightbridge uses non wifi 2.4.ghz frequencies in the ism band, see
ISM band - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
for further lightbridge info see:
Phantom 3 Lightbridge Frequencies

so using 5/10mhz will not gain you anything on top of selecting the most empty channel in your area.

ok guys i'm back

IMHO !!

Thanks To Ojcze Nasz

*learn about chanbw

Haha, I know where you live mate. Urang Sunda ieu teh?

ok guys i'm back

IMHO !!

Thanks To Ojcze Nasz

*learn about chanbw

3. no other mod (all using stock antenna) except 5.8ghz antennaDidi i'm using 11dBi patch

When doing the range mod did you also increase the 5.8ghz to 30dbm?

Exciting!
So basically, even though the P3P has the same transmit power as the Standard (17 dBm CE and 20 dBm FCC) the Lightbridge technology gives better range because of better signal/technology.
BUT thanx to these mods we are able to get better range on the Standard because we boost power beyond the default values.
Boy, think about what would happen with the Lightbridge range if they got the stronger power output as well... [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Oke guys i'm back again :)
so sorry for late respon, its rainy season this time so i've to change another hobies right now

oke this is my 2nd flight at 10pm fiuh luckily no complain from my neighbor :)
Always Rain everyday i've quick test before rain came again
to many fog because rain just stop, so forgive me video not as smooth like my 1st flight maybe the fog makes signal a bit disturbed

so here it is
proudly present my DJI PHANTOM 3 REALLY STANDARD can flew 1.5km on urban area, many people reported they always disconnected when P3S facing forward to home location, yes but not makes disconnected on me :)

notes: i think i can try again next time more further, rain can be came in everytime without notices, so i'm not intend to test to far at this time

wait next video for HOWTO i did it

Reactions: jointeffort
Hello Korakora,

How did you narrow the channel width to 10mhz?
How did you disable wpa2?

soon my friend soon, i've to login to RC & AC to get my script, i dont want to just typed in here without it, i'm afraid i get typo :)
my mistake i've allready kill telnetd & vsftpd service when i decide to open wpa2 for safety reason, but now i've to find another way to bring it up again :(

"2. because our phones cannot connect into 10mhz/5mhz so i'm using another OpenWRT router (external) with same frequency to connected into RC AP

3. using usb to ethernet, plugin to the phone and rj45 connected to Router external"

is it possible to modify android phone into 5/10mhz width (after root) ?
so we dont need to use a external router + usb nic

if your mobile phones have atheros chipset inside maybe it can, custom width as i know it must be atheros chipset, very rare for mobile phone have atheros inside, usualy using ralink or broadcom

but since you mention you have root on your mobile, you can reverse tethering like i did, just usb cable from ext router to mobile phones just enough (without additional usb ethernet)

i dont think there is any gain in using 5/10mhz ranges

wifi operates in 5mhz per channel anyway, your devices just broadcast/overlap in 20/40mhz regions.

in urban cities it may help to block some overlapping.

see

WiFi Channels | WiFi Frequency Bands List | Radio-Electronics.com capital
2.4 GHz WiFi channel overlap and selection

lightbridge uses a different/proprietary protocol than tcp and does, for example, not require big packets to be resend because of data loss and multiple other features.
on top of that, lightbridge uses non wifi 2.4.ghz frequencies in the ism band, see
ISM band - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
for further lightbridge info see:
Phantom 3 Lightbridge Frequencies

so using 5/10mhz will not gain you anything on top of selecting the most empty channel in your area.

yes i know i cant argue with that but fact on the field tell everything, i dont know why but yes it definetly more improvement

When doing the range mod did you also increase the 5.8ghz to 30dbm?

unfortunately no my friend, soft mod is nothing todo with it with 5.8ghz (different h/w)

Exciting!
So basically, even though the P3P has the same transmit power as the Standard (17 dBm CE and 20 dBm FCC) the Lightbridge technology gives better range because of better signal/technology.
BUT thanx to these mods we are able to get better range on the Standard because we boost power beyond the default values.
Boy, think about what would happen with the Lightbridge range if they got the stronger power output as well... [emoji4]

i think now i dare to challenge LB in this area right now, i've advance before i crash it :) naah just can survive 300m in this urban area

Haha, I know where you live mate. Urang Sunda ieu teh?

Upsss BUSTED :)
iya sob tau aza came & play together sometimes if you visit in this town :)

5.8g booster? What kind of booster?

Sent from my D6503 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Upsss BUSTED :)
iya sob tau aza came & play together sometimes if you visit in this town :)

Did you join APDI? My parents house is at Pasirluyu. Very close to Sriwijaya. I go back each year for CNY and Lebaran.

Did you join APDI? My parents house is at Pasirluyu. Very close to Sriwijaya. I go back each year for CNY and Lebaran.

no wonder i thought i've cut all image and cut a half of video because it has a building many people familiar, thats because you are my neighbor thats answer why you know my location hahaha, tommorow lebaran hajj you not seing your parents?
no i'm not joined APDI, as long we flew drone with responsibility and follow the regulation i think dont have to

oke then see you in december ? do you bring your phantom as well ? if not dont worry i've a few to be played together :)

btw sorry for passing your parents house last night :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj