Telemetry link?

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me which RF link is used for the telemetry data? 5.8G or 2.4G?

The frequency witch is use to transmit the video downlink I guess which is the 2.4G the 5.8G is used to transmit only RC data

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: dan84uk
Id like a conclusive answer to this too, The GPS location/orientation seems to update even after video is dropped. That doesn't mean to say its not still using 2.4. though, hmmm

Conclusive answer: Post #2 is correct. 2.4 is used for both video and telemetery. Sometimes one or the other will crash leaving you with one of the two. But they're both using 2.4

Reactions: dan84uk
Both use 2.4 Ghz and they are two independent channels.
Are both channels one way transmissions?
Meaning the Phantom is sending the data to the remote, the phantom doesn't resend like a network connection. (re-sends on failure)

It's not one way, it's two way on at least one of the channels. This has been explained a few times on the board here. My understanding re the video data is there's a check involved, so once the controller receives video data, the controller will send info back to the Phantom confirming receipt and asking if the data sent is good and not corrupted. If the phantom answers yes it's correct and not corrupted, the data is then sent from the controller to the mobile device.

This is why if you're going to add an amp, you want one that works both ways. You want one that amplifies the outgoing signal, and one that also amplifies the incoming signal.

This is one of the advantages of Lightbridge - there is no check.

Reactions: RodPad
Hum, so more things to think about, thanks!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic