Tablets and phones that work well with DJI GO

I bought a Samsung Tab A, and it doesn't see what the camera is seeing. Phantom tech support said that tablet won't work. Is there a way around this? I want the bigger screen and apparently my phone did updates so not it won't work either. Can we say frustrating!!!

My tab s works great, I have also used some other cheap tablets that worked perfectly fine that were not on the list. It is probably a setting on the tablet.

Well it has been a while since I had to play with one to get it to work, go into your app manager and make sure the dji app has all its permissions, It seems like there was a usb setting also. I have a tab e that att threw in with a phone purchase, I will give that a try tonite.

I bought a Samsung Tab A, and it doesn't see what the camera is seeing. Phantom tech support said that tablet won't work. Is there a way around this? I want the bigger screen and apparently my phone did updates so not it won't work either. Can we say frustrating!!!
I use tab A works perfect ,which phantom you got,

While because the Nvidia K1 gamer tablet is, because of its video performance, a better tablet for UAS use, your Samsung should work just fine. I would try turning the bird on and off and the tablet on and off to see if it binds. Also, make sure you don't have a cellphone nearby.

I use 2 different tablets (depending if I want a larger screen)

Nexus 7 (later version) .... It works great. Bought it on Craigslist for $90

Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1" .... It works great...quad core 2300gz ..... 2 gb RAM ..... 299 pixel density

Your Tab A is a bit underpowered (quad core 1200 gz .... 1.5gb RAM.... 132 pixel density.) as I am sure you have already figured out.

Good luck

Got this off dji forum

Turn on Controller while connected to Tablet. Start (or restart) the tablet. Click on OK when the USB request comes up.
Wait for BLUE "Enter Device" tab shows up. (Should be immediate as the app starts). Turn on copter.

I can't vouch for iOS right now. The newest Go4 application is not working very well with them.

I can't vouch for iOS right now. The newest Go4 application is not working very well with them.

I'm going to qualify this comment.. DJI Go 4 doesn't work well with iPad Mini 2 when you are in a warm climate.

Please define warm. I had no problem using iPad Mini 2 in the US SouthWest deserts.

When was this and what were the temps? Since the recent update the go app demands more from the display device.

Anything above 90 degrees.. if you fly one battery at a time you will probably be ok. I have 3 batteries. If I launch 85 degrees or higher I will be getting the CPU error msg at some point during the three batteries. More importantly my video feed becomes a slideshow. No problem with the shield so I know it's the iPad mini 2

It states under the Apple section, that you do not have to activate cellular for GPS to work, can someone please explain and enlighten me? I would much rather buy an ipad and not have to pay for cellular service. I have an iphone 6s plus, is it possible to connect it to the ipad and the ipad still be connected to the remote? I am flying a P3 standard.

Tablets and phones that work well DJI GO

Note: The most updated version of this list can be found here.

Overview

There are a wide variety of Apple and Android devices available. It's important to make sure you're using a device that is powerful enough in order to prevent the DJI GO app from lagging, freezing, and/or crashing during use. The following list includes devices recommended by Phantom Help (), devices recommended by DJI (), and other devices that are most often recommended by Phantom pilots.

─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

Apple Devices

iPhone 5s--(4 inches A7 chip)
iPhone 6--(4.7 inches A8 chip)
iPhone 6 Plus--(5.5 inches A8 chip)
iPhone 6s--(4.7 inches A9 chip)
iPhone 6s Plus--(5.5 inches A9 chip)
iPhone SE--(4 inches A9 chip)
iPhone 7--(4.7 inches A10 chip)
iPhone 7 Plus--(5.5 inches A10 chip)
iPad Air --(9.7 inchesA7 chip)
iPad Air 2--(10 inches A8X chip)
iPad Mini 2--(7.9 inchesA7 chip)
iPad Mini 3--(7.9 inches A7 chip)
iPad Mini 4--(7.9 inchesA8 chip)
iPad Pro--(9.7 inches A9X chip)
iPad Pro--(12.9 inches A9X chip)

Notes:

• Both Wi-Fi only and cellular iPad Air/Mini/Pro models are compatible. Only cellular models have GPS. You do not have to enable the cell service in order to use the GPS. The DJI GO app currently only requires GPS on an Apple device when using the Follow Me feature or to reset the home point to your current location if you've moved elsewhere after taking off.

• Tablets wider than 6.75 inches (including the case) will require an extender to be installed on the remote controller mount. The iPad Air will fit without case. This extender is designed well and will securely hold a tablet that's up to 8.25 inches wide.

• Your Apple device will work better out of the box if you follow these tips.

─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

Android Devices

►► Acer Iconia One 10--(10.1 inches1.3 GHz1 GB RAM)
►► Acer Iconia Tab 8--(8 inches1.33 GHz2 GB RAM)
►► Acer Iconia Tab 10--(10.1 inches1.3 GHz1 GB RAM)
►► Google Nexus 5--(5 inches2.3 GHz2 GB RAM)
Google Nexus 7 [2013]--(7 inches1.5 GHz2 GB RAM)
Google Nexus 9--(8.9 inches2.3 GHz2 GB RAM)
►► HTC One--(4.7 inches1.7 GHz2 GB RAM)
Huawei Ascend Mate 7--(6.8 inches1.3 GHz2 GB RAM)
Huawei P8 Max--(6.8 inches2.2 GHz3 GB RAM)
►► Lenovo A3500--(7 inches1.3 GHz1 GB RAM)
►► Lenovo Tab S8-50--(8 inches1.86 GHz2 GB RAM)
Nubia Z7 Mini--(5 inches2.0 GHz2 GB RAM)
Nvidia Shield K1--(8 inches2.2 GHz2 GB RAM)
►► RCA Voyager II--(7.1 inches1.4 GHz1 GB RAM)
Samsung Galaxy Note 3--(5.7 inches2.3 GHz3 GB RAM)
Samsung Galaxy Note 4--(5.7 inches2.7 GHz3 GB RAM)
►► Samsung Galaxy Note 5--(5.7 inches2.1 GHz4 GB RAM)
►► Samsung Galaxy S4--(5 inches1.9 GHz2 GB RAM)
Samsung Galaxy S5--(5.1 inches2.5 GHz2 GB RAM)
Samsung Galaxy S6--(5.1 inches2.1 GHz3 GB RAM)
►► Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge--(5.1 inches2.1 GHz3 GB RAM)
►► Samsung Galaxy Tab 2--(7 inches1.0 GHz1 GB RAM)
►► Samsung Galaxy Tab 2--(10.1 inches1.0 GHz1 GB RAM)
►► Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite--(7 inches1.2 GHz1 GB RAM)
►► Samsung Galaxy Tab 4--(7 inches1.2 GHz1.5 GB RAM)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 705c--(8.4 inches1.9 GHz3 GB RAM)
►► Samsung Galaxy Tab A--(8 inches1.2 GHz1.5 GB RAM)
►► Samsung Galaxy Tab A--(9.7 inches1.2 GHz1.5 GB RAM)
►► Samsung Galaxy Tab E--(9.6 inches1.3 GHz1.5 GB RAM)
►► Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro--(8.4 inches2.3 GHz2 GB RAM)
►► Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro--(10.1 inches1.9 GHz2 GB RAM)
►► Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro--(12.2 inches1.9 GHz3 GB RAM)
►► Samsung Galaxy Tab S2--(8 inches1.3 GHz3 GB RAM)
Smartisan T1--(4.95 inches2.5 GHz2 GB RAM)
►► Sony Xperia Z2--(5.2 inches2.3 GHz3 GB RAM)
Sony Xperia Z3--(5.2 inches2.5 GHz3 GB RAM)
Xiaomi Mi 3--(5 inches2.3 GHz2 GB RAM)
Xiaomi Mi Pad--(7.9 inches2.2 GHz2 GB RAM)

Notes:

• Tablets wider than 6.75 inches (including the case) will require an extender to be installed on the remote controller mount. This extender is designed well and will securely hold a tablet that's up to 8.25 inches wide.
  • The DJI GO app currently only requires GPS on an Android device when using the Follow Me feature or to reset the home point to your current location if you've moved elsewhere after taking off.
  • Your Android device will work better out of the box if you follow these tips.
  • If you're not able to install DJI GO from the Google Play store, you'll need to sideload the DJI GO APK.

It states under the Apple section, that you do not have to activate cellular for GPS to work, can someone please explain and enlighten me?
All cellular Apple devices contain a GPS receiver. That GPS receiver is active even if the cell card is not activated on the Apple device.

I have an iphone 6s plus, is it possible to connect it to the ipad and the ipad still be connected to the remote? I am flying a P3 standard.
That won't be possible since your iPad will be connected to the P3S remote controller via Wi-Fi. It can only connect to one Wi-Fi network at a time. You could connect your iPad to a Bluetooth GPS receiver (like one of these).

Or you could just do the tasks that require an Internet connection before heading out to fly (in a location where you have Wi-Fi). If you're able to create a hotspot on your mobile phone, you could also temporarily connect your iPad to your phone to do any Internet-related tasks before connecting it to your P3S remote controller.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl