Tablets and phones that work well with DJI GO

Does the Kindle Fire work very well with the P3A/
Probably not. At least not out of the box.

The Kindle Fire is running a customized version of Android and does come with the Google services. That includes Google Maps and the Play Store. While DJI could write a version of the DJI Go apps that would work on a Kindle Fire, they haven't and you wont find those apps in the Kindle App store. You could try sideloading the APK, but it may or may not work. As soon as the app made one call to a Google service, it would be game over. You might be able to install the Google Services on a Kindle, people do it all the time when using non-Google Android emulators, but there is no guarantee that it would work. On the flip side, Kindle Fire tablets are cheap and if you brick it, it's not a huge loss.

ca1b238a9f8ef1d352ef8e4b470d2abd.jpg

823263370fdf133c0536a2a67d5f2aec.jpg
0f4e4a110d8a67179abb28cc3f8444b8.jpg
58684b34b8bc626ff21cc820af0df57b.jpg

I’ve found an iPad Air, $90, small crack in edge of screen, I can replace screen for $22 (eBay)...guestion is she says its not an Air 2 but her description says Generation 2...should that work for me using DJI go and p3s

guestion is she says its not an Air 2 but her description says Generation 2
If it's an iPad Air, the model number will be A1474, A1475, or A1476. If it's an iPad Air 2, the model number will be A1566 or A1567.

Someone here told me that I wouldn’t have to actually activate cellular for gps to work
If you have a cellular enabled iPad, you do not need a data plan for the GPS functionality to work. If you have a wifi only iPad, there is no GPS functionality at all.
If you are interested, Click here for more info on what to expect with different iPads / situations. Keep in mind that the post is P3A/P3P centric. It doesn't all apply to a P3S, but you should be able to find some useful info.

Last edited:
If you have a cellular enabled iPad, you do not need a data plan for the GPS functionality to work. If you have a wifi only iPad, there is no GPS functionality at all.
If you are interested, Click here for more info on what to expect with different iPads / situations. Keep in mind that the post is P3A/P3P centric. It doesn't all apply to a P3S, but you should be able to find some useful info.

Thanks great read, answered all my questions I purchased the iPad it’s an air 2 drone followed me perfectly and maps cached outstanding, I have hotspot on my phone so loading them is easy

Reactions: Oso
I just purchased a Ipad mini 2 OS version 9.3.5 and it will not load dji go 4 nor run litchi. However it is listed as compatible on the dji website - so?

I’m using the Asus Zenpad 10” and it works great with my P4.
What version os is it running ?
Until recently I have been recommending Samsung tab,s. but since the latest dji go 4 update the app crashes with anything above 4.1.9, so this thread needs replacing after each update,
As the gate post are being moved each time.

I am not a happy guy. I was in a store to take my laptop for repair and saw some tablets and decided to look at them with a view to using them with my P3P. Not having a lot of use for one for anything else, I went for the cheap option and bought an Amazon Kindle Fire HD8 after checking online that it was compatible with DJI. I now find that it isn't very compatible and after spending a couple of hours following various instructions from here, the app is still not installed. Is there any hope?

From most of the stuff that I read, the Kindle Fire is not the best tablet to use for DJI products. For that reason, I never bought one when I purchased my P3A. Instead, I bought an iPad Mini 2 which seems to work fine

I went for the cheap option and bought an Amazon Kindle Fire HD8 after checking online that it was compatible with DJI. I now find that it isn't very compatible and after spending a couple of hours following various instructions from here, the app is still not installed. Is there any hope?
Check out this thread.

I managed it. The GO app is now on my Amazon Fire HD8 tablet. I've still to test it and I'll let you know how I get on. It turned out to be fairly simple in the end.
I had tried various websites but they all asked me to download four files to get Google PlayStore on my tablet and I couldn't get them all to install. In the end, I used this one:

How to Install Google Play on Fire Tablets the Super Easy Way, No PC or Root (Video) | The eBook Reader Blog

and it gave me the option to download all four as one .zip file. This worked perfectly and then allowed me to download the Go app. A bit of fiddling with my login which I had forgotten, and all seems OK.

Thank you to all for your help.

Reactions: TrevorTron
I can confirm the cube t7 works really well. Really hugely bright screen. Paired with a Matt screen protector gives really good visibility outside.

Not amused. I've been using a Samsung Tab S2 exclusively for my P3A and apart from the 0.5s lag it's been fine - nice clear, bright screen no crashes (of either type) it did the job nicely. UNTIL last week and I discover it's dead. Fully charged but not a peep from it. Managed to get the back off it, disconnect the battery but still nada. I still have the iPad mini2 I used previously but its screen is pitifully dim by comparison, so watching this thread again.
I see a lot of the cheaper Chinese brands (Xiaomi and the like) boasting great hardware spec's on their phones & tablets but they rarely mention screen brightness. It is generally sunny here so, even with a shade, a bright screen is still important - especially with my tired eyes.

My mate uses an iPad mini 4 and the retina display is awesome. But it's not that bright outside but it's got great visibility.

The cube t7 is great but no longer in production, it's rather old now, not supported in terms of updates but the screen is amazingly bright. It puts the screens of other devices to shame. I bought a nexus 7 2013 model to compare it to and it was twice as bright at least!

Reactions: TrevorTron

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31