Phones that work well with DJI GO and the Mavic

No, they're ignoring it and saying it's Samsung's problem. In fact I've been warned on their forum for being 'too negative' because I keep asking about it.

The rep on the forum claims they have "urged Samsung" to fix it, while DJI are disclaiming any responsibility at all for their app crashing the phone.
Can you post a link to the thread? I'll go harass them too. [emoji1]

Reactions: Biggle
I currently have a P3A, I like having the control of the joysticks, plus my iPad screen to monitor and view what is going on. I really do want both and I feel like the biggest drawback of the Mavic is that in making the controller small and portable, it is also limited and will not support a very commonly used device, the iPad. I have used my iPhone, but with the 4.7" screen, I just don't like it near as much as using the iPad.
I don't think that's an issue. There is already a YouTube video of a guy that made his own adapter to fit a tablet. There will surely be several third party adapters to choose from soon.

Can you post a link to the thread? I'll go harass them too. [emoji1]
There are multiple threads on it - more voices are welcome :)

I usually post in the P3 section but it's a bit of a deal-breaker for the Mavic too....

Reactions: kmaluo
There are multiple threads on it - more voices are welcome :)

I usually post in the P3 section but it's a bit of a deal-breaker for the Mavic too....
Man, after reading all the complaints, sounds like there may be an Apple/DJI partnership conspiracy going on here.

Man, after reading all the complaints, sounds like there may be an Apple/DJI partnership conspiracy going on here.
No way. It could be a Samsung issue. The problem is Android is so fragmented who knows what where the problem lies. The Android DJI Go app will be getting the update this week. So maybe it will work then.

Even then I think it's a phone issue rather then an app issue. Only reason I say this is because my phone is not At all mentioned on the phone support page (ulefone power) and it works perfectly. I really think it's a phone issue for Samsung rejecting it thinking its bloat ware. But then again DJI should find a way around that. Hmmmm.... Catch 22. OK... Now I don't know who's fault it Is [emoji13]

Sent from my Power using PhantomPilots mobile app

It does seem suspicious that the #1 flagship phone competing against the iPhone is the only phone affected by this rebooting thing.

I thought I was OK as I had the Standard, connected via WiFi, but nope, mine reboots even with no cable.

I'm considering trying to get hold of a Huwei, Hu.. whatever P9 - but suppose that gets crippled by an update too?

I like Gopro's approach, of building an extra bright screen into the controller. DJI claim the Mavic is portable and convenient because you can use the phone in your pocket. Yeah, unless an update by DJI or an update by Android or an update by the phone company happens to obliterate that concept entirely.

And if it does happen, they'll all just point fingers and do Jack **** about it.

Blurgh.

I should just buy a Playstation or something...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20