Switch to FCC mode in Europe, and fly miles instead of just 300 meters with P3SE

Reaction score
The information is already written in other topics, but in many posts, I think it will be much easier to find all the information together as a first post in specific topic.
So, I describe the currently known solutions.

Easiest option for Android users:
The usage of partched version of DJI Go 3.1.18 android. In this case you doesn't have to switch to FCC mode, the patched App will do it automatically. Neccessary knowledge about the origin of patched apps you can find in the next topic:
P3SE solution but... who is speaking Russian
Download link for modded app:
mod_3.1.18_fcc_v3.rar
For me this version seems to be the best choise. Or you can try the newer modded version:
mod_3.1.34_FCC - the password for zip file is 076
There is less experience whith that version, some people claims for less stability of connection.
In both case you do not need tho do everything else, just use the app. But you run the risk of using application which was modified by anyone else. If you want avoid this risk:

Second option for Android users without using patched apps:
It is the solution for you, if do you have the latest firmware and latest app version, you are in Europe, and your drone is in CE mode, it means, that you can’t fly more than 300-500 meters.
If you follow the steps described below, your drone will be in FCC mode, which means higher radio signal emission level, and results 5-7 time higher distance range for your drone.

Let’ start.

1, Install fake GPS application on your device. Recommended app for android: Fake GPS location - Android Apps on Google Play

2, Start fake GPS and chose a location somewhere in the United States (meanwhile you have to enabled the mock location function on your device) Do the check of your location on google maps

3, disable SIM card(s) on your device

4, Hide the satellites from your AC (AirCraft), even if you are indoor it can be necessary to cover it with big metal plate (e.g pot lid)

5, switch on your RC( RemoteController) then your AC.

6, Connect your device to the wifi of your RC

7, Start DJI Go app, enter camera view. You have to get “Switch WLAN setting” screen, which tells you that your AC is flying in different country and it will reset the WLAN. If you don’t get the window, stop and restart the app until you get it.

8, Press OK and wait until camera view disconnects, and comes back again

9, You are in FCC mode now, please double check it by opening wifi settings, and check how many wifi channels are available in 2.4 GHz band. 13 means CE mode, 11 means FCC – this is what we need. You are now in FCC mode, but you have to stay in this mode as well, and is not possible with latest app version.

10, stop the DJI Go app and uninstall it from your device (you do not need to do any extra deletion of hidden folders, some people recommends but it is not necessary)

11, Connect your device to your local wifi and download DJI GO version 3.1.8 Free Download APK File of the DJI GO v3.1.8 for Android - APK4Fun

12, Install the 3.1.8 version, start it and do a login.

13, Connect your device to your the wifi of your RC

14, Restart the app. On the 3.1.8 version you can not choose P3SE, but if you connect your device to the RC the app will automatically detect it. You are ready now!

15, You can switch off Fake GPS, you can enable SIM card, and your drone is allowed to get GPS satellite connection

The 3.1.8 version app cannot switch wifi mode, so as long you do not upgrade it, you will stay in FCC mode, which gives you stable video signal on long distance. Do not forget to disable auto upgrade of your applications. (For android in playstore/settings/auto update)

With 3.1.8 version you lost the possibility to do manual change of wifi channels. You will stay in 5GHz mode. In this version the follow-me mode doesn't work. You have to know, that this older app version is not so stable, as the newest. If you have any problem at start, try restart the app, and if needed the AC as well. If I have already started the flight, in the air has no problem anytime. From the other side you get five time higher range. I think it worth it :)

Solution for IOS users
You can use Litchi for flying in FCC mode, if you have one of the next devices:
  • iPad Air 2 tablet,
  • iPad Mini 4 tablet
  • iPad 5th generation or higher tablet
  • iPhone 6s or newer phone
iPad 1, 2, 3, 4 and iPad Mini 2 are not suitable.
Before you can fly with Litchi in FCC mode, you need an android device to switsh to FCC mode.
You can youse eighter first or second option to do that.
Then you always have to use Litchi for control of the drone, it will never switch back to CE mode.

Have a good flight!

Last edited:
Can you post a video of your flight please? Thank-you
Yes of course. Today I haven't recorded my device screen, because I observed it can have negative effect on application. Later I will post videos with device screen as well, but first just the drone's recording.

Today I had three beautiful flights. I started from the noisy environment, where I wasn’t able earlier to fly more than 260 meters in CE mode.
At first flight I tested which direction and what height is ideal.
With a second battery I flew my personal record, at 2997 meters the AC requested RTH and I enabled it, because I flew in direction of wind, and I was a little nervous about coming home against the wind, which grew stronger.

With a third battery I flew up to my favorite place, to the abandoned soviet military base, and filmed it - this was 2000 meters away from my current starting point.

And this starting point is in a terrible noisy environment. 20 meters back of me nationwide high-voltage transmission line, 100 meters on my left a big electric transformer station, 100 meters on my right houses with strong wifi signals, and mobile network repeater stations around me at the top of every hill.

I can't say anything else - the DJI engineers are really brilliant! Thank you to them for this drone :)

With 3.1.8 app had sometime little instability at connection: When a wanted to start the motor with CSC (Combination Stick Command) the app switched back to status screen, and motor did not start. Stopped and restarted the app, and was everything OK

Last edited:
Reactions: Psycho Andy
Is it necessary to install first the last version dji and after version 3.1.8?
If I only install version 3.1.8, is that ok?

Is it necessary to install first the last version dji and after version 3.1.8?
If I only install version 3.1.8, is that ok?
Every app version after 3.1.10 is suitable to switch to FCC mode. Important thing is that you first switches to FCC mode, and install the good old 3.1.8 just after that. But you have to make the switch with any newer app version.

Last edited:
Can you post a video of your flight please? Thank-you
I'm ready - it is my 3 km flight from 22 dec.
I included same information from the log, and same comments.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I see on certain places the last letters fails. Sorry, I'm not a skilled video editor.
The original video was 2,7K ; I posted it in fullHD version

Last edited:
Very nice! What is that box on your controller? Is that a shoe box? Are you using the shoe box as a sun shade?

Otherwise this is a stock antenna, right? 3000 meters! Congratulations!

Very nice! What is that box on your controller? Is that a shoe box? Are you using the shoe box as a sun shade?

Otherwise this is a stock antenna, right? 3000 meters! Congratulations!
Thank you Mark! And yes you have good eyes, I used a shoe box as a sun shade :) I created it in a 15 minutes on a sunny day and it works perfectly.

And yes, it is a stock antenna. Even I was very suprised by this result, I thought i will fly about 1000 meters or so...

The conclusion is, that even the stock antenna has a very good direction characteristic, and if in direction of flight aren't noice sources, it can eliminate the noices from the side.

On 30 of december I made my second range test.
With stock antenna as well
This time the result was 3485 meters :)

Happy new year for all of you phantom pilots!

Congratulations! That is a particularly nice result.
I think on a better place the SE can even more. I doesn't wanted to fly over the highway, changed direction, and this caused an RTH. The AC's antennas have a good direction characteristic in back direction. If AC's back is not towards you, - signal can easily lost

Last edited:
In the first post of this topic I summarised all the actually known solutions to fly in FCC mode , for easier access of information for everybody.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mark The Droner
I actualised the first post with 3.1.18 solution.
This is a video about my first flight with this version:

Hi, do you know if this version mod 3.1.18 is for ios?
No, I never heard about modded DJI Go for IOS.
For IOS are other solutions, describen in starting post.

where can I download mod 3.1.18 for android, the one that has been put has error
Do not tap on the big icon. Use the download button. The easiest way is to use your mobile to download.

I also can not install this APK. I did the above, download on my phone but the file is 225MB and when it is installed, it says it is damaged.
Could you do reupload this file?

My phone LG G6 - Android 7.0
I will be obliged.

Regards.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.