Strobe Lights

OI Photography said:
I just now got in to this thread, but the strobon's are available from RMRC for anybody in the states who needs a source, and they have the servo (power+signal) cables already attached: http://www.readymaderc.com/store/index. ... on&x=0&y=0

Each of the listings there have a little vid with more info too.

I am very new to RC world. How do you power these? If power directly from P2V, how is that setup? Or just buy a separate battery with the same connector type to power it?

yawnalot29 said:
OI Photography said:
I just now got in to this thread, but the strobon's are available from RMRC for anybody in the states who needs a source, and they have the servo (power+signal) cables already attached: http://www.readymaderc.com/store/index. ... on&x=0&y=0

Each of the listings there have a little vid with more info too.

I am very new to RC world. How do you power these? If power directly from P2V, how is that setup? Or just buy a separate battery with the same connector type to power it?

According to their specs, they need a 4v-6v input, and I don't know of any way to get that (or even an 11v lead) off of a P2V. You could add a separate battery with that voltage, but that just packs on more weight that eats away at flight time (every gram makes an impact).

After some more thought, it *might* be able to connect one to an servo port on the NAZA inside the Phantom, but I don't know if they put out the standard 5v on the P2V or not.

Since these tiny strobes would seem to take a very small amount of power, it might make sense...and be a LOT simpler...to power them with one of the many small batteries that are used in digital cameras and other electronic gear. Your local drug store should have dozens of these...I'm thinking that a PX28 or similar might be able to power strobe LEDS for many hours and add very little weight to the craft. The PX28 is a 6v cell, but there are many others that might fill the bill.

There must be 5v somewhere on the board since the phantom can charge the gopro which normally charges from USB.

Topeeka said:
Since these tiny strobes would seem to take a very small amount of power, it might make sense...and be a LOT simpler...to power them with one of the many small batteries that are used in digital cameras and other electronic gear. Your local drug store should have dozens of these...I'm thinking that a PX28 or similar might be able to power strobe LEDS for many hours and add very little weight to the craft. The PX28 is a 6v cell, but there are many others that might fill the bill.

You could use a small lipo or the P battery and if needed use a voltage step down like this... http://www.readymaderc.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=165_43&products_id=373

7ca799a0494233a80882f0b6b378a0b3.image.550x550.jpg

neiloakley said:
Do you think it would be possible to remove the LED's from the board and mount them remotely?

Also, anyway to sync them together so they all flash in time? Would look so much more professional.

I do not see why it wouldn't work, as long as you have the skills and proper tools to De-Solder and solder wires on. I assume you would need at least 2 holes for the wires to back feed the led. Depending on the size (height) of the led, 1 hole. If the LED protrudes enough to be mounted from the inside. That way would be much cleaner.

WeaponsHot said:
neiloakley said:
Do you think it would be possible to remove the LED's from the board and mount them remotely?

Also, anyway to sync them together so they all flash in time? Would look so much more professional.

I do not see why it wouldn't work, as long as you have the skills and proper tools to De-Solder and solder wires on. I assume you would need at least 2 holes for the wires to back feed the led. Depending on the size (height) of the led, 1 hole. If the LED protrudes enough to be mounted from the inside. That way would be much cleaner.

Follow up, they sell single LEDs on the flytron website. It looks like some of the ones mounted on the boards on the previous posts. Not sure if its the same one.
High Quality 1W White Power LED (EDEW-1LA5-F1) for plane strobes or car front lights:

Attachments

• 1w-white-powerled-for-rc-lights.jpg
    1w-white-powerled-for-rc-lights.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 770
tupes said:
@LuvMyTJ when did you order your leds? I'm still waiting.

I ordered & paid March 22. Received them on April 10th

Got the Strobon LED recently by post and have now installed it.

Warranty void :)

Attachments

• IMG_20140503_105856.jpg
    IMG_20140503_105856.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 773
  • IMG_20140503_110330.jpg
    IMG_20140503_110330.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 710
  • IMG_20140503_181521.jpg
    IMG_20140503_181521.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 731
I still have not received mine. I contacted the shipper and he gave me the tracking # and the last thing posted says out for delivery and 6 hrs later updated to "delivery status not updated" soy package got lost in the system some where. Really disappointed in the postal service. This is something I'd expect from ups

@desertphantom. That's exactly what I was going to do with mine. Can you post a video or just comment on how you like them.

desertphantom said:
Got the Strobon LED recently by post and have now installed it.

I can't see the strobe in the photo... did you mount it behind the vent?

LuvMyTJ said:
desertphantom said:
Got the Strobon LED recently by post and have now inställd it.

I can't see the strobe in the photo... did you mount it behind the vent?
Check the third photo you might havet to scroll a little bit, its pertruding from the inside just above the USB port

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik