Still photos while video recording?

Reaction score
Is it possible to take still photos while video is recording?

Last night I had the slider in DJI Go in the "Video" position and I started recording video with the record button on the left side of the RC. I had hoped to start taking some still pictures by pushing the shutter button on the right side. The remote beeped each time I pressed it, but when I checked the microSD afterwards, I only found the .MOV files of the videos, but no photos. Is it not possible to take photos without shutting the video off and moving the slider over to Still Photo?

interesting. So why would they have 2 separate buttons? Wouldnt it make more sense to just have one dual purpose button that takes a photo or video depending on what the slider is set to in DJI Go?

So why would they have 2 separate buttons? Wouldnt it make more sense to just have one dual purpose button that takes a photo or video depending on what the slider is set to in DJI Go?

It's likely quicker to operate with two buttons. You can stop shooting video, take a photo, then resume taking video much quicker if you have two buttons, instead of messing with a screen option to swap from photo to video mode.

Interesting tidbid, Yuneec craft allows taking photos while taking video. However, the photos are not the full 16mp resolution, you get a resolution equal to the video resolution you're shooting. But it is a nice option if resolution isn't important. These lower res photos are good for inserting into video edits, sometimes used at the end of a video as a recap.

If DJI wanted to, they could alter their s/w and f/w to support simultaneous photo shoots during video shoots in this same way. It's just a frame capture of the video.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl