Phantom 4 video transmission while recording?

Reaction score
My Phantom 4 has a great transmission signal while not recording, had it out a mile and looks good, but as soon as you start recording the image starts getting blocky and pixely, stop recording and goes back to normal?
Doesnt matter how far away it is, does it 5ft away from controller. Tried a different cable, phone, tablet, no help.
Any ideas?
Oh and the recorded video on the card looks good.

Might be power issue (Ambarella consumes way more power when encoding for sd-card), or just encoder board issue (ie. faulty solder joint which starts working as antenna and captures the rapid shifts in electric field caused by encoder working at full capacity), or one of the chips required by Ambarella (or the Amba itself) may be damaged.

I'd start by checking with known good encoder.

Reactions: David_Cambridge
What's it doin in your transmission channels while this happen,,do a test just recording on ground and selec t a custom channel on manual see if it comes ok,auto preselected channels might be working hard for some reason,, could even try airplane mode to stop things working on your device,,,,presume this been ok till now,,anything newly updated or changed

Reactions: Capt KO
I have a Inspire 1 and the tablet works fine on it, so i think it and the cable are ok. Ill try changing channels and airplane mode and see what happens, i suppose a firmware reset would do nothing?

As ianzone asked, what changed recently. When did it start? Is this drone new to you? Firmware update? Any attachments? Is the problem the drone or remote, any chance of borrowing another 300C or F? Or vice versa, your remote with another P4. Would help eliminate one or the other.

It's very likely that your Inspire controller is compatible with the P4. I flew my P4 with a GL658 all the time because it worked better than the GL300C to fly the P4, increasing my range from 1mi to 3mi. You might try binding the GL658 with the P4 and see how that works. This test could eliminate or identify the controller as the problem.

It's very likely that your Inspire controller is compatible with the P4. I flew my P4 with a GL658 all the time because it worked better than the GL300C to fly the P4, increasing my range from 1mi to 3mi. You might try binding the GL658 with the P4 and see how that works. This test could eliminate or identify the controller as the problem.
I think he has a P4 v2, so that would exclude the Inspire 1 and Inspire 2 RCs. :(

He didn't say P4P.
I normally just look at past posts which were all v2, but of course there’s always the chance he bought a different P4 so yours was still a valid suggestion.

There is no such thing as a P4 V2.
I’ll assume that you knew exactly what I meant and leave it at that.

P4's are compatible with Inspire V1 controller GL658.
Yes, some P4 models are compatible with Inspire RCs as has been noted.

Cheers sir. :)

Yes its just a P4, so i might try the inspire controller first and see what that does, this is a new to me drone so dont know much about it, cant seem to check the firmware in the DJI Assistant app, it just says "cant connect to network" on my home and work pc.

Did you try starting your video on both remote and device to see if different results?

Turn them off,,then no errors,,they probably need calibration...mine off and used to get error to calibrate,,they all off on my p4s

The microSD card in the aircraft is a common problem for this. Start with a u1/v10 rated card or better yet u3/v30 and format it in the drone. Any problems writing or reading the card causes all kinds of performance problems for the aircraft, not just recording.

My Phantom 4 has a great transmission signal while not recording, had it out a mile and looks good, but as soon as you start recording the image starts getting blocky and pixely, stop recording and goes back to normal?
Doesnt matter how far away it is, does it 5ft away from controller. Tried a different cable, phone, tablet, no help.
Any ideas?
Oh and the recorded video on the card looks good.
A screen shot of your HD screen would certainly help.

D

Ok here is a pic of what the screen looks like only while recording, whether a 1000ft away or right beside the controller, tried 3 different cards, and they work fine in my inspire and phantom 3, so dont really think its the cards. And all the recorded video looks great.
If i fly around without recording everything seems fine.
Still cant reload the firmware, the assistant 2 for phantom app will only say "network error"?

Attachments

• 20201226_121942.jpg
    20201226_121942.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 159
Here it is

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201226-153454.jpg
    Screenshot_20201226-153454.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 145
Sort of looks ok to me on custom,does screen change at all with manual channel change,,,that blocking in your picture almost like recording speed ,have you tryed changing FPS (frames per second) ,like 1080 at 30fps for example

Yes its just a P4, so i might try the inspire controller first and see what that does, this is a new to me drone so dont know much about it, cant seem to check the firmware in the DJI Assistant app, it just says "cant connect to network" on my home and work pc.
Also in your settings is a word ABOUT ,, with all powered on your can check your firmware installed here,just click on it if not find it yet,,depending on firmware it should look like this,,,and dont be shy to reply,I not bite lol
Screenshot_20201227-115359.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj