State Farm in Action?

So, I recently purchased a P4P. I am considering a State Farm policy as well. However, after reading a few of these situations I am reconsidering.

I had a NC State Farm policy on my P3A, $60 a year for $1500 coverage with a $250 deductible. I had a fly away and lost it one day. Called State Farm and had $1270 in my account 2 days later. I purchased a new Mavic Air as a replacement, called and updated the policy info to reflect the new drone. Got a call a few days later saying that my policy would be cancelled due to the fact that I had a claim within the first year of a policy. My claim was 2 weeks before the 1 year mark. They will no longer insure a drone for me, even though I've been a loyal customer for 17 years. So as far as the process it was super smooth and I'm glad I had the policy. However not being able to insure my MA now kinda sucks and I'm looking for another insurance company for drone insurance.
Don’t forget when your looking for Insurance for that Drone or even if your wanting to change house insurance to new carrier, you are not claims free therefore be prepaird for higher premiums costs on Insurance. Their not in it to loose, it’s win win for Insurance always!

I was just told by a State Farm agent in NY that it only covers use on your own property and you can’t have a camera mounted on it.

Pretty useless.
Completely false. I have it and friend has as well. He lost his MA2 over the ocean and within a week had a check from SF for full replacement cost. He had not tried to insure the replacement yet, but my guess is they won't renew or or will cancel shortly after. He plans on trying to add it in the Spring - so we'll find out then.

Completely false. I have it and friend has as well. He lost his MA2 over the ocean and within a week had a check from SF for full replacement cost. He had not tried to insure the replacement yet, but my guess is they won't renew or or will cancel shortly after. He plans on trying to add it in the Spring - so we'll find out then.
I was told the same thing. But then I got a recommendation (here I think) for another agent who did not have that restriction. It appears possible that it depends on the office you deal with.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair