State Farm in Action?

The $288 was deposited into my account at 2am and I paid it to DJI through PayPal.
I'm curious if they send me my drone repaired, or a new one. Maybe I'll get a new battery! I was told NOT to send batteries through the mail.

The $288 was deposited into my account at 2am and I paid it to DJI through PayPal.
I'm curious if they send me my drone repaired, or a new one. Maybe I'll get a new battery! I was told NOT to send batteries through the mail.

Most likely a refurb. Check your serial numbers when you get it. The good thing about the P4 line is that you can remove the name of the previous owner, unlike the fiasco I went through with getting a New P3S replacement awhile back. It took 30 days and a serious fight, but I refused to give up as the unit I sent in only had aprox 12 flights on it. :rolleyes:

Does state farm have a deductible for this coverage?

DJI motto is the same as the military. Hurry up and wait lol. They are never in a hurry to do anything for you.

Finally got it back a few days ago. Same bird; repaired. The whole process took 6 weeks.
The State Farm process was flawless and they paid the $288 repair fee.

Reactions: Danoldo
Nicely done sir. Glad to hear it worked. FYI, while I am new to drone flying, my understanding is you should change your props every so often to avoid this issue. Would not surprise me to be a manufacturer gimmick but I plan on changing mine about every 50 flights at this point. They are not made of steel and will suffer from internal imperfections getting stressed during multiple uses.

I was just told by a State Farm agent in NY that it only covers use on your own property and you can’t have a camera mounted on it.

Pretty useless.

I was just told by a State Farm agent in NY that it only covers use on your own property and you can’t have a camera mounted on it.

Pretty useless.

Considering you are registering it under photography equipment, that agent doesn’t know what they’re talking about.

Considering you are registering it under photography equipment, that agent doesn’t know what they’re talking about.
She asked me what the article was. I told her and she said they have restrictions for that and went off the phone to get details. I never said it was photo equipment. I said it was a quadcopter.

So did you pay for the bill or State Farm? I have two buddies that had low cost repair like this one and State Farm not only cancelled their policy after the first claim, but also it shows up on their claims history for all insurance companies to see.

Sometimes it’s just better to save the policy for a total loss...

Reactions: Henry Matias
[QUOTE=" State Farm not only cancelled their policy after the first claim, but also it shows up on their claims history for all insurance companies to see.
.[/QUOTE]

Wow...that's really important information!
If you have an LLC, would that keep the claim separate from all your personal insurance?

I had a NC State Farm policy on my P3A, $60 a year for $1500 coverage with a $250 deductible. I had a fly away and lost it one day. Called State Farm and had $1270 in my account 2 days later. I purchased a new Mavic Air as a replacement, called and updated the policy info to reflect the new drone. Got a call a few days later saying that my policy would be cancelled due to the fact that I had a claim within the first year of a policy. My claim was 2 weeks before the 1 year mark. They will no longer insure a drone for me, even though I've been a loyal customer for 17 years. So as far as the process it was super smooth and I'm glad I had the policy. However not being able to insure my MA now kinda sucks and I'm looking for another insurance company for drone insurance.

I'm waiting for a quote from SF. The woman said that if the drone is being used commercially it is a totally different policy.

Reactions: Jklovell

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj