State Farm in Action?

Reaction score
I just crashed my P4P. A propeller broke about 15 feet above the roof of a school. 1 set of legs bent; gimbal and camera seem fine.
I have the State Farm $60 insurance.
Question: Has anyone actually had to USE the insurance to have their drone replaced yet?
What was your experience?

Thanks.

Reactions: thegeekunderground
Yes; but have you had to file to have your drone replaced?
I have the insurance; I want to know peoples experiences with actually filing.

Yes; but have you had to file to have your drone replaced?
I have the insurance; I want to know peoples experiences with actually filing.
Have you tried calling your insurance and ask about it? If you already paying a monthly fee you have the right to know the details.

Reactions: Pharm
It just happened today. I'm taking it by first thing Monday morning.
I'm just wondering if anyone has ever filed a claim before.

Never filed a claim, but I'm more interested in how your propeller just broke.

Yes. Nothing around. My friend and I were shocked.
c9ba062f0c1f5c33762c54bbe65a3da8.jpg
cf1f44235aaf93f7b3bd096dbb6aa38c.jpg

I guess, now I know.
Back to the original question: Has anyone ever had to file a claim‽

I just crashed my P4P. A propeller broke about 15 feet above the roof of a school. 1 set of legs bent; gimbal and camera seem fine.
I have the State Farm $60 insurance.
Question: Has anyone actually had to USE the insurance to have their drone replaced yet?
What was your experience?

A person on the Mavic forum has filed two claims and this is being discussed. He filed a $100 claim and then filed a claim as a total loss. They cancelled the policy after the second claim. That would be done as they had then fulfilled the terms of the policy. It makes no sense for them to keep paying out (or having that exposure) and not collect more premium as they can.

You should find that they treat this like any other claim and have you obtain a repair bill or something stating it's a total loss. As mentioned above, keep in mind if it's a total loss then they will cancel the policy and probably won't issue another policy.

Also, and here is the important part... SF reports claims to an index system. This means any time you obtain a property policy from SF or anther carrier, they will see that this claim was filed and it may affect yur rates on that policy.

I received the quote for repairs from DJI last night. $288. I just sent the bill to State Farm. We'll see how it goes...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.