State Farm Drone Insurance

Hey y'all, I work for a State Farm agent in MI and am a licensed insurance producer in this state. Just got my P3S delivered today and was checking out this site.

The first thing I did after unboxing my Phantom was to add it to my own Personal Articles Policy (PAP). I am happy to answer any questions anyone has regarding State Farm's drone PAP. I will say up front that I am not aware of any differences in this coverage from state to state (other than this coverage is not available in California), but insurance regulations do vary from state to state and I am only licensed in Michigan.

That being said, fire away. I am happy to help!

If youre flying over water and splish splash happens and drone is not recoverable,is that covered?

Here in WV a local State Farm agent is telling me that I must have a homeowners policy as the personal articles policy is an add on. :(

Hey man, I work at state farm in NJ. A handful of agents might do that to try to get your other business, or simply because they don't know how to do the drone policies. I've been writing them for as long as they've been out (around june of last year was when it started I think). The personal articles policy is a completely stand alone policy. Do yourself a favor and call a different agent!

Reactions: KentA
I am on the way to State Farm to get this insurance. Awesome deal. Now if I could figure out my serial #'s I would be golden
The serial number is inside battery compartment. Its 14 digits on two lines. If you register your Phantom with the FAA that's the number to use.

I have state farm personal policy, in New York. $60 a year, no deductible, no depreciation. Covers all asst. And up to $$3,300 worth of gear. And no questions asked! They pay the amount of receipt of what you lost.

Insured mine about a week ago. They said only the drone, no accessories.

if you have any accessories -- lens, batteries, upgraded controllers, etc. -- that you want coverage for, all your agent will need is a description of the piece and an estimated value. I work for state farm in jersey. if an agent tells you they can't do accessories, they're wrong.

Thx. I'll check my home insurance company and my car insurance company. Maybe I'll get lucky. Seems like someone would specialize in drones though. Or a catigory including drones.

Reactions: DonnieM304
Hey y'all, I work for a State Farm agent in MI and am a licensed insurance producer in this state. Just got my P3S delivered today and was checking out this site.

The first thing I did after unboxing my Phantom was to add it to my own Personal Articles Policy (PAP). I am happy to answer any questions anyone has regarding State Farm's drone PAP. I will say up front that I am not aware of any differences in this coverage from state to state (other than this coverage is not available in California), but insurance regulations do vary from state to state and I am only licensed in Michigan.

That being said, fire away. I am happy to help!

I’m a licensed part 107 in grand haven, mi looking for coverage

Here in WV a local State Farm agent is telling me that I must have a homeowners policy as the personal articles policy is an add on. :(
Yeah, me too... I live in Huntington wv an here they said I had to have either home owner or my automobile insurance thru them to get insurance on my phantom.. I don't have homeownerds insurance ad I rent an apartment, and my automotive insurance is thru nationwide which I want to stick with because I have full coverage and roadside assistance for $110 A month.. and I'm on a fixed income due to my health, colon cancer, bad heart have had 2 heart attack and just turned 33, and have a brain tumor they want to check out but I been too afraid to go back to get it checked out and can't really afford to just cancel thru nationwide and go to state farm.. I wish the local insurance agencies would offer insurance on my phantom alone because it took me several months of scrimping and scraping to purchase it..

I have State Farm in Texas and they didn't require to obtain a home owners or auto policy, sounds like they want to gig u

Mine runs 60.00 a yr drone only

Yeah, me too... I live in Huntington wv an here they said I had to have either home owner or my automobile insurance thru them to get insurance on my phantom.. I don't have homeownerds insurance ad I rent an apartment, and my automotive insurance is thru nationwide which I want to stick with because I have full coverage and roadside assistance for $110 A month.. and I'm on a fixed income due to my health, colon cancer, bad heart have had 2 heart attack and just turned 33, and have a brain tumor they want to check out but I been too afraid to go back to get it checked out and can't really afford to just cancel thru nationwide and go to state farm.. I wish the local insurance agencies would offer insurance on my phantom alone because it took me several months of scrimping and scraping to purchase it..

Insurance does vary across state lines, but as far as I know you do not need to have a homeowners or auto policy in order to get the Personal Articles Policy. It is not an add on, its a stand alone policy. I would check with another agent, it sounds like that one just sees it as something that isn't worth their time.

Try calling a different agent. I purchased the policy in NY and I have no other policy with State Farm.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers