Can't get State Farm insurance in MA. Need another option

Reaction score
State Farm doesn't offer drone insurance in MA/RI (I've called a few times). I'm looking for another option that won't cost me $500.00 or more per year. I'd like it to be covered for crashes, fly-aways, fire, theft ect... Any suggestions?

Thanks!

I'm surprised it varies state-to-state. Weird, I've had State Farm for all my gear for 3+ years now.

State Farm doesn't offer drone insurance in MA/RI (I've called a few times). I'm looking for another option that won't cost me $500.00 or more per year. I'd like it to be covered for crashes, fly-aways, fire, theft ect... Any suggestions?

Thanks!
There are three other companies with approval to offer drone insurance: Erie, AIG, and USAA. You may want to contact them to see if they offer insurance in MA.

Also, take note that State Farm will not insure your drone if you utilize it for commercial purposes.

Thanks!
I just wrote about this on another thread. But Im on the Mass RI line and what I ended up finding to be my best option is Rental insurance for my apartment. I dont own a home and I never had renters insurance but in the process to try and cover my drones I found out it was better for me to cover 25,000 of my personal belongings that are with me where I live. It does have a 250 dollar deductible but the whole yr was only like 150 give or take and that was through a local agent that covers MA &RI

Thanks!

Check out Verifly. They have $1,000,000 and up coverage for you and your drone for as little as $10 an hour of flight.

I bought a pre-owned P3P last year. While flying, one of the carbon fiber props shattered and it had a hard crash. Ended up replacing the shell, the camera and a couple of gimbal controller boards. I wonder if I can even get insurance! My frankencopter flys great, but it's all spare parts!

I just checked with USAA and they said they do not cover accidental damage - only what a normal homeowner's policy would cover like fire, theft and wind damage (but not when flying).
Will look at the others for MA.
There are three other companies with approval to offer drone insurance: Erie, AIG, and USAA. You may want to contact them to see if they offer insurance in MA.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl