State Farm Insurance - Drone coverage

Got my policy update yesterday, and they are "revising" the personal property policy so that drones will not be covered. The language is shady, and they offer a separate policy, don't know about that, but my SF poicy is "dropping" us.
Thanks GWTX,
Can you be more specific or even post a scan of the policy where it mentions drones (or the shady stuff) and/or separate policy info? Tks.

I don't know where all this comes from but I've had State farm for three years and they actually pay the claim twice for me with the lost mavic and a crashed one totaled.
This all falls under the PAP policy. I have not seen anything at all about dropping drones from that policy. they have been fantastic as far as paying off with any claim that I've had so far. My understanding is that they limit it to $4,000.

I don't know where all this comes from but I've had State farm for three years and they actually pay the claim twice for me with the lost mavic and a crashed one totaled.
This all falls under the PAP policy. I have not seen anything at all about dropping drones from that policy. they have been fantastic as far as paying off with any claim that I've had so far. My understanding is that they limit it to $4,000.
If you read carefully, "all this" is coming from current policy holders. It's only matter of time before you're dropped, too especially considering your track record for claims. Plus your risk factor and insurance rates will go up (if not already) as these claims are reported to a shared database. Other insurance companies will base their quotes and rates (home and auto) to you accordingly, based on the risk factor.

Sorry if this all sounds rude but the reality is insurance companies exist to make a profit and protect people from catastrophic events. They are not in business to provide an endless supply of new drones to irresponsible pilots.

This may be a crazy question but maybe someone can answer for me....does the drone insurance with State Farm (or whomever) cover loss/damage to your drone or damage caused to others by your drone? I have Allstate and it doesn't cover drones, at least last I checked.

This may be a crazy question but maybe someone can answer for me....does the drone insurance with State Farm (or whomever) cover loss/damage to your drone or damage caused to others by your drone? I have Allstate and it doesn't cover drones, at least last I checked.
A Personal Articles Policy such as what State Farm offers will cover the cost to repair or replace your personal property. It's in addition to your regular homeowners policy. If you fly into someone and injure them, you're not covered. Read your policy and/or call your agent.

A Personal Articles Policy such as what State Farm offers will cover the cost to repair or replace your personal property. It's in addition to your regular homeowners policy. If you fly into someone and injure them, you're not covered. Read your policy and/or call your agent.

Ok thank you

Not true - I had a policy and it was in fact specifically for a drone. It IS a type of personal protection but it is specific to drones.
My understanding is that they discontinued it. They dropped my policy when I placed a claim on my Mavic after 6 months.

DITTO!

Same thing happened to me.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl