State Farm Drone Insurance

Why does it matter if I crash during a personal flight or for work.

It matters because State Farm's policy states that they will insure drones used as a hobby. They do not insure drones used for commercial purposes. If you use your drone for commercial use it is not eligible for the policy in the first place. Those are the terms of the State Farm policy. There may be other insurance companies out there that do provide physical damage coverage for drones used in a commercial capacity but State Farm is not one of them.

The exposure is different. I might fly once a month for fun. A commercial person would be using the drone every day. A person flying commercially might also be required to put their equipment more in harms way.
Exactly!!

Hey y'all, I work for a State Farm agent in MI and am a licensed insurance producer in this state. Just got my P3S delivered today and was checking out this site.

The first thing I did after unboxing my Phantom was to add it to my own Personal Articles Policy (PAP). I am happy to answer any questions anyone has regarding State Farm's drone PAP. I will say up front that I am not aware of any differences in this coverage from state to state (other than this coverage is not available in California), but insurance regulations do vary from state to state and I am only licensed in Michigan.

That being said, fire away. I am happy to help!

Does state farm have a policy that covers commercial use

I'm sorry I dont have any input on commercial insurance, But I tried to get coverage from state farm earlier today for my p4 only to find out they dont do buisness in my state(RI) I did find out how to get it covered by a local company since currently I dont own my home I'm renting. They offered rental insurance for a very fair price I think. Im looking at 25,000 in coverage to any of my belongings for 1 yr with a 250 dollar deductible for 151 for a year I dont know how that compares to what other people have been paying but I wanted to let everyone know what will work for me in Mass or Rhode Island

Reactions: Up Sonder
I have my home and auto insured with a different company. State Farm wrote the policy to cover my Phantom and Marco Polo for $1630. The premium was $60 for the year, 0 deductible. How can you beat that!

Wild.. my State Farm agent says they won't cover anything that flies. Who is your agent? Perhaps I can get them in contact with one another?

As far as I know State Farm does offer their Personal Articles Policy on drones in Ohio.

There are a couple of possibilities:
Your agent may not want to write drone business, it is his call at the end of the day.
Your agent may believe you use your drone for commercial purposes or may otherwise be ineligible for the policy.
Your agent doesn't know what the hell they are talking about and is too lazy to look (likely).

I read that it here first, and its true. State Farm covered my Phantom 4 under their Personal Articles Policy for $60 a year. Covers repair or replacemet due to Fire, Theft, or Accident. No deductable no depreciation. You do not have to have an existing policy coverimg anything else. It is a seperate and its own policy so it wont effect your car or home insurance rates if you have to file a claim. It covers the Drone, battery(s) and case. In my case up to $1,300.00
I just called my local State Farm agent and she said she wasn't sure but she would surely check into it and call me back! I hope so, that beats the DJI care price for sure!

I insured my used drone with State Farm last month. I provided the order information from Ebay and a replacement cost estimate by printing out similar systems on Amazon. They took that and I am fully covered to replace the items if need be at full price. I also physically took in my drone so they could see it and they know I do own it and its condition. Insured for $900. All for $30 per year. Iowa

I insured my used drone with State Farm last month. I provided the order information from Ebay and a replacement cost estimate by printing out similar systems on Amazon. They took that and I am fully covered to replace the items if need be at full price. I also physically took in my drone so they could see it and they know I do own it and its condition. Insured for $900. All for $30 per year. Iowa
Wow... That's a pretty amazing deal.

I'm sorry I dont have any input on commercial insurance, But I tried to get coverage from state farm earlier today for my p4 only to find out they dont do buisness in my state(RI) I did find out how to get it covered by a local company since currently I dont own my home I'm renting. They offered rental insurance for a very fair price I think. Im looking at 25,000 in coverage to any of my belongings for 1 yr with a 250 dollar deductible for 151 for a year I dont know how that compares to what other people have been paying but I wanted to let everyone know what will work for me in Mass or Rhode Island

Did they say what the drone will be covered for? I guess it would fall under the category of a camera being lost of stolen (damaged too?). The drone seems to be in a grey area because it's something that can be operated. I'd like to have mine covered incase it crashes/is totaled or if it flies away into the sunset (or ocean) and is never seen again.

I have my home and auto insured with a different company. State Farm wrote the policy to cover my Phantom and Marco Polo for $1630. The premium was $60 for the year, 0 deductible. How can you beat that!
Was that for a recreational use or a commercial use of the drone?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl