State Farm Does Not Cover Loss for Business, only hobby use

Reaction score
I was talking to my State Farm agent today about some additional coverage. I was asking about umbrella policies for liability as a hobby flyer vs business.

In the course of the conversation, I was told State Farm will not insure a drone for loss or theft, etc if you fly for business. At least not at this time. I am covered right now from loss, fire, theft as I'm not doing business work with it.

I will be looking to find other insurance down the road unless they change their policiy.

I was talking to my State Farm agent today about some additional coverage. I was asking about umbrella policies for liability as a hobby flyer vs business.

In the course of the conversation, I was told State Farm will not insure a drone for loss or theft, etc if you fly for business. At least not at this time. I am covered right now from loss, fire, theft as I'm not doing business work with it.

I will be looking to find other insurance down the road unless they change their policiy.
This makes complete sense. It's nothing more than a personal property policy. It is designed to help with massive losses such as cameras, jewelry, etc. They are not out to insure businesses.

You may be mixing policies. You fist mention an Umbrella policy and liability. You then mention not covering the drone for fire and left. Umbrella policies (liability policies) don't provide 1st party coverages. Also, first party policies don't provide liability.

Was the agent specifically mentioning that the Personal Article Policy does not cover business use?

You may be mixing policies. You fist mention an Umbrella policy and liability. You then mention not covering the drone for fire and left. Umbrella policies (liability policies) don't provide 1st party coverages. Also, first party policies don't provide liability.

Was the agent specifically mentioning that the Personal Article Policy does not cover business use?

Exactly this. They write business insurance but do not cover the drone if used in business from the loss due to accident ,etc. The initial conversation started out discussing umbrella policies and then this part came up.

If you want more coverage (as in business) you will probably be paying a bit more than you are currently. By doing it for business the risk is higher and thus premiums will be higher.

Many companies cover sUAS for business but not for the small fee you get through SF for a Personal Article policy.

If you want more coverage (as in business) you will probably be paying a bit more than you are currently. By doing it for business the risk is higher and thus premiums will be higher.

Many companies cover sUAS for business but not for the small fee you get through SF for a Personal Article policy.

Yeah, i'm hobby now, looking to do more commercial work in the semi near future, so I was checking. Like having my ducks in a row :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic