Stage 4 troubles

Reaction score
Just received my installed Stage 4 from Fpvlr. Dji app. saying " broken connection " even before I take off. Now camera just stopped tilting up and down. Any advice would be appreciated. I'll try to include my controller connections. image.jpgimage.jpg

Wrote FPVLR getting a reply saying antennas were on the wrong side. Moved as instructed. Still no camera tilt per remote input.
Little disappointed no instructions were ever sent with installed kit. For $712.00 with shipping. I half expected to receive installed kit, attach antennas, and start flying. No such luck.

try it without the booster

Also make sure you don't turn the booster on until after the controller and wifi booster have been on for a few minutes

Make sure those tiny plugs on end of camera ribbon cable are seated.

With the help of Rotowash we were able to recalibrate and get camera tilt back. Fpvlr guy has me doing some checks tomorrow with antennas ran into stock wifi extender and wants to know range then. Range earlier was only 100 feet away and then getting a broken signal. That was using the complete system with amps. Per picture above.

Make sure the cable going into the 5.8 amp is not broken as it looks kinked (near the lipo battery). Does the purple light flash quickly once Tx and aircraft is on?

No Rotorwash, I didn't read your prior comment correctly. Tony did not install the amplifiers on the radio. No instructions either. I had to do that part myself. Which I have stated to tony I didn't appreciate. After paying for the install

keep me posted. I'm curious. I just flew with boosters and new cable with 90 degree bends and could only get 1750 ft.

I also noticed that the 5.8 booster the purple light is on but not flickering like the 2.4. The directions say its transmitting when flickering. I wonder if its because its the transmitter controls.

I'm hopeful Tony will read that and want to stand behind his products. Other people on another thread are offering to help too. Might look up that thread. Sounds like something is not right on yours too. By the way where did you get your 90deg. cables? I might end up getting a set sometime too.

Last edited:
No it should flash pretty furiously

keep me posted. I'm curious. I just flew with boosters and new cable with 90 degree bends and could only get 1750 ft.

I also noticed that the 5.8 booster the purple light is on but not flickering like the 2.4. The directions say its transmitting when flickering. I wonder if its because its the transmitter controls.

I'm hopeful Tony will read that and want to stand behind his products. Other people on another thread are offering to help too. Might look up that thread. Sounds like something is not right on yours too. By the way where did you get your 90deg. cables? I might end up getting a set sometime too.
I got them from amazon

Reactions: Scoot-Scoot
Rotorwash I was able to get 3400ft today using antennas only. It was a very flat area with no trees around. That's a big difference from around my home. Might try that without your boosters in a perfectly flat area with no trees. I also asked Tony in email if running the amplifiers to certain antennas on the controller would make a difference. Before when I received them I just connected them going by pictures online. Not knowing one was a 2.4GHz and one was a 5.8GHz. Maybe this could help you too. And Im going to look up those cables from Amazon Thanks.

Last edited:
Rotorwash I was able to get 3400ft today using antennas only. It was a very flat area with no trees around. That's a big difference from around my home. Might try that without your boosters in a perfectly flat area with no trees. I also asked Tony in email if running the amplifiers to certain antennas on the controller would make a difference. Before when I received them I just connected them going by pictures online. Not knowing one was a 2.4GHz and one was a 5.8GHz. Maybe this could help you too. And Im going to look up those cables from Amazon Thanks.
my boosters are connected to the right antenna. I might have an issue with my 5.8 since the purple light doesn't flicker. I need to check it out.

here is a link to the cables I got
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00COK0ICE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited:
Reactions: Scoot-Scoot

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic