Solving the black screen FPV (no-live-feed) issue - co-operation needed

What if I'm no good at soldering and electronics. Does that mean I will never have live feed again...

The soldering is tricky (depends on your eyes and steady hands) Patience is needed for the flashing as it can take more than 1 attempt. Did you Ping 192.168.1.10 to confirm bottom board dead? If you have removed unit is there any signs of burning inside? In my case Ping gave no response and no signs of burning inside. I eventually flashed it successfully and the video returned.

Agreed, the soldering take practice and steady hands. Make sure to polish up the pads on the board and tin them before soldering your tinned leads.

Of the dozen or so I've flashed, nearly all kick out during the first attempt but complete successfully on the second attempt.

Turner

Thank you so much for making this!! I just fixed mine yesterday. I'm not very good at soldering but the rest was easy.

Reactions: okstuv
So the "fix" for this is to either have electronics/soldering experience and fix it yourself, or spend a few hundred for a new wifi module (that may crap out again down the line)? What a bunch of bull. If this is the case, I'm done with DJI. Very, very lame.

Reactions: WebMaximus
Not happy today. Went on holiday without the drone and when I came back the black screen had returned. Yes I can reflash it but how long are these things supposed to last without firing up the drone? Any ideas on how to retain the memory would be welcome. Can power be supplied to the wifi module without the drone live via an external battery ?

So the "fix" for this is to either have electronics/soldering experience and fix it yourself, or spend a few hundred for a new wifi module (that may crap out again down the line)? What a bunch of bull. If this is the case, I'm done with DJI. Very, very lame.

I'm one of all people with the same issue and I couldn't agree more with what you say!!

I was in contact with DJI support a couple of weeks ago and in the end I didn't know if I should laugh or cry...it was nothing but pathetic. The moron I talked to didn't even confirm this is a well known issue despite me including direct links to threads discussing this issue even in DJI's very own support forums :D

I'm very impressed by the people who came up with a way to fix this as long as you have the parts and gear required as well as the knowledge to perform the steps. I decided I won't go that route for several reasons.

First I have no clue if I would be able to pull it off since I have very little experience soldering. Secondly as I understand it after reading this thread you can't even know for sure if/how long the "fix" will work before you're back at square 1 again with no video feed. That makes it even less appealing investing time, money and effort into this.

So with this said my "solution" will be to never even go near DJI again and hopefully lots of other people will decide the same thing resulting in companies more interested in their customers will replace companies such as DJI.

This of course is a very good thing for everyone but DJI and follows the natural selection found everywhere around us all the time regardless of type of business. Companies only interested in making quick money will always loose in the end to companies who act in a responsible and professional way taking care of their customers. These are companies that learned long time ago customer satisfaction is a required and key component to run a successful business in the long run.

Don't last long ?? anyone have a time frame ?

I've done 6 of these buggers so far.

Redone my wifi module again today with success but ??? How long will it keep the data? My poor module has recently spent more time out of the drone than in. Anybody know how to keep them alive???

Not happy today. Went on holiday without the drone and when I came back the black screen had returned. Yes I can reflash it but how long are these things supposed to last without firing up the drone? Any ideas on how to retain the memory would be welcome. Can power be supplied to the wifi module without the drone live via an external battery ?
The one I reflashed lasts less than a week.
Good question about ways to improve its "memory". Maybe supply constant 24/7 standby power to the NAND chip with a small long lifespan battery. ??

My next project will be to run cables from the module to the outside of the shell so I can reprogram it without opening it up.

Impressive how some of you cope with messing around with this but at the same time I think it's really really sad to see how DJI in the short run gets away with all this.

Selling people products in this price range that don't last. And not only that but they are even an active part in breaking the products in the first place. This by distributing bad firmware updates that will turn products that worked great with zero issues for years into bricks collecting dust. Products you guys already paid good money for.

I'm amazed not more people being really angry and letting both DJI as well as the world know that.

Reactions: Mako79
The one I reflashed lasts less than a week.
Good question about ways to improve its "memory". Maybe supply constant 24/7 standby power to the NAND chip with a small long lifespan battery. ??

My next project will be to run cables from the module to the outside of the shell so I can reprogram it without opening it up.
I too thought of the battery idea but not the wiring. That would certainly reduce the stress on the module of in and out as well as the shell screws. Would a hole in the case leak rf ? was my only thought. Please keep me informed of any progress you make.
Question for more techie members --- does anybody know the chip type that we are flashing and is there a circuit diagram for the module. Both would help research.

Only if you live in the USA and have the original camera is what I read in this. Any further progress with the wiring or supplying power to keep the chips alive. I just run my drone up and check 192.168.1.10 in between flights but not sure how often you have to do this. My problem is nothing to do with updates it is the chip losing its contents.

Reactions: okstuv
Hi, I have the same problem, but I can not connect correctly. Teraterm does not show anything Or ever access access denied error COM4.the connector of the 5v board and 12v cables? thanks and sorry for my english

Hi
Are you using DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Plus Blank Screen Corrupt NAND fix as that is the one I use.
I can only suggest you follow exactly that guidance and make sure your connections are correct and well soldered. I had a comms error and that was due to a wrong connection. Do not understand 12v as there should be no 12v only 5v from your serial board. Once you get the comms working keep trying till you get the right result as they do not always respond immediately. Good luck.

Reactions: Adrian_33
Hi
Are you using DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Plus Blank Screen Corrupt NAND fix as that is the one I use.
I can only suggest you follow exactly that guidance and make sure your connections are correct and well soldered. I had a comms error and that was due to a wrong connection. Do not understand 12v as there should be no 12v only 5v from your serial board. Once you get the comms working keep trying till you get the right result as they do not always respond immediately. Good luck.
Thanks for the quick response. Tomorrow i try to fix this board.

My comms error was caused by TX on wifi going to TXO on USB board when it should got to RXI . Also Tx on wifi should go to RXI on usb board.
Look carefully at the diagram. A basic serial comms error which I should not have done.
I only remembered this today after looking again at instructions. Hope it helps and good luck.
I have attached a diagram to show what I mean with the arrows showing the direction of the data to and from the boards.
Where are you by the way ?

Attachments

• diag.pdf
    13.9 KB · Views: 398
Reactions: Adrian_33

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20