Show off your CUSTOM, MODIFIED, TRICKED OUT Phantoms

Yep, over my head.

I understand "Sonar", I understand "Altitude", but, are you telling me we now have "Sonar Altimeters", which will work on my Phantom?

Now I feel like I am trying to converse in the P2+ forum. They are hella smart, but some are a bit of a snob. Not saying you've acquired the snobbish attitude, but, what?

Last edited:
I know what u mean about the vision guys...lol. The ar drone uses sonar for altitude measuring. It's not really something you can buy for your phantom, it's more of a disect an AR Drone and mount that onto the phantom and just use the ar drone app for the video instead of the fc40 app

So I would then have a FCAR40 which, with sonar could theoretically keep from running into things? Just kidding, sort of. Thanks dtitus6297.

Any chance of you posting another pic or 4? How much weight does sonar add? The mountains I fly in would be much easier to navigate safely with your mod.

Awesome share, almost went right over my head.
Thanks for explaining.

There is a forum on here all about how to do the mod. It is called "the ultimate fc40 mod" by the guy that came up with it all called "IIVII" wish I knew how to post a link

There is a forum on here all about how to do the mod. It is called "the ultimate fc40 mod" by the guy that came up with it all called "IIVII" wish I knew how to post a link

Here is the link to the thread you are referring to:
http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/my-fc40-transformation-3-6km-11-800ft-fpv.30865/

IIVII has made some amazing discoveries and advancements to his FC40. His current thread on the subject is here:
http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/my-fc40-p1-transformation-3-6km-11-800ft-fpv.37775/#post-346778

I don't see anything about sonar though. Perhaps you were referring to another post.

Last edited:
I have posted some of my videos there too so u can see what the fpv screen looks like. I used a screen recorder app so you can see the fpv view overlayed on the video. If you just record regular video than you just get regular 720p video. The camera isn't quite as good as the fc40 camera but the fpv view is a lot less laggy and it's more clear. I use the fc40 cam for video and the mod camera for fpv view

Got it, thanks.

It's like having a never ending encyclopedia at my fingertips. :D

Those look like "Must Have" mods.

Links and any other info you are willing to share, PLEASE.
Nice job.

Thank you for that post f1renz. :cool:

Here's the bottom with the ar drone 2.0 main board and nav board with cameras and gps navistick and the external antenna mod done to it. My custom camera mount is made of a hair clipper extension...number 5 I think...lol
View attachment 16643
Very creative

This is my Dji Phantom 2 version 3.0 with a 3 mile booster and custom parts and mods. This version setup is for backpack travel and is not a main style usage.
10986903_10204851365456537_5894489542844440451_n.jpg

This is my Dji Phantom 2 version 3.0 with a 3 mile booster and custom parts and mods. This version setup is for backpack travel and is not a main style usage.
10986903_10204851365456537_5894489542844440451_n.jpg
Can you tell us benefits of this propellers? Can you post here any vide - I am afraid of jello with this propellers

Can you tell us benefits of this propellers? Can you post here any vide - I am afraid of jello with this propellers
If not mistaken they fold up . ....Not for me .Have read some reviews but can't remember where in here .

I got the original from infinite hobbies. They were the nylon and not the carbon props.

There is isn't much benefit except its quicker to launch and they fold when obstructed (I haven't proven it yet as I didn't want to lose a toe).
You need to inspect them frequently as the nut holding the props can come loose over time. If you tighten them too much, then there is a chance the props wont auto unfold/balance.
The flight time is less though it flies quieter.

Anyways,

This is my 12 month to-the-day old bird.
Phantom 2 Vision Plus V2 with H33D gopro3+ BE mod. It has the infamous DBS $10 External wifi FPV antenna mod that does 640x480@30fpv at 600+ metres unboosted.
The controller has yaw mod and adjustable tilt speed with a 3 position up/down switch.
DBS%20antenna%20relocation.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT