Is your horizon perfect?

• No, I am like everyone else and when I yaw around, the horizon changes level

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
So look, I am running out of my 45 return exchange policy, and I THINK my bird is 100% it has about 35 miles under its belt and about 10 hrs (I'd have to look for exact because of the P3P I exchanged once already for this is incl. in total) but anyway, you guys get what I am saying, risk the bird you trust, over what I may get?

And here is what it's about, the **** tilted horizon! I cannot believe this isn't a systematic device wide software development/implementation problem, but in fact it's my actual poor bird.

So this is where the BS meets the pavement, if you've never had a horizon tilt problem, and still don't, with the new "accuracy to +- 0.03%" gimbal on the P4, then you should say return it tonight. If your like me and think all of them seem to have a problem related to the horizon on their machines too, then your like me and think that won't fix the problem.

And please, please let's not insult our intelligence by stating obvious statements like "use the auto calibration" or "did you calibrate the IMU?"
Because like me, the others having this problem have done it all, I actually calibrate the gimbal before every flight, on a flat level surface. (I have a spot I checked and like 90% of the time I use that anyway). One thing I will not do is chill my machine down before the IMU cal. If we have to do something so invasive and counter mainstream wear longentivity issues, I'll just sell it because that's ridiculous, IMO. I haven't heard to do that for this, just saying, don't lol.

The horizon tilt is a hardware issue. I had my horizon tilted to the right. Yes after an imu calibration is was better but as I spun around more it lost the horizon again. Yes I can correct it, but that doesn't stay set permantley. Why should I spend $$$ on a drone I keep having to correct.

And my closing statement is, if 75% of users don't have a problem then a firmware fix will not fix it because if thry released one that did, then it would cause those 75% to have a horizon level issue. So ther will be no firmware fix and you should return it. I did and my second one is perfect.

Thanks guys, dangit, I risk a perfect bird, I hope it's worth it, again, my horizon isn't aweful like we've seen, but I like things to be plumb and level

Well, it's done, now just have to see if I got a noisy gimbal, another tilted horizon, or maybe a bad motor? I'm getting myself worked up, it's ones guys post on here about going through like four from Apple.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

end of the day your camera is tilted down away from the horizon most of the time, well mine is.. but if i want to use some of the horizon footage and it happens to be tilted I will correct it in post.
But if you not happen and have time to returns then yes it should be returned and hope you are ok with the next one... what dji should do is let us put the option for gimbal tilt on the right remote wheel then if in the air and need a quick fix for that flight, be able to adjust it fast ...

Thanks guys, dangit, I risk a perfect bird, I hope it's worth it, again, my horizon isn't aweful like we've seen, but I like things to be plumb and level

I am in the same boat. My Phantom has been flying perfectly but I have the slight gimbal squeal and have a new one on it's way. I am scared the new one will exhibit a worse issue than the one I have.

It's done, I have a brand new bird and battery (X 2 my two extra batteries came in Tuesday) and I have yet to open it up and update and check it, but doubt it'll make a difference.

end of the day your camera is tilted down away from the horizon most of the time, well mine is.. but if i want to use some of the horizon footage and it happens to be tilted I will correct it in post.
But if you not happen and have time to returns then yes it should be returned and hope you are ok with the next one... what dji should do is let us put the option for gimbal tilt on the right remote wheel then if in the air and need a quick fix for that flight, be able to adjust it fast ...
You know by holding down C1 I think, and rolling the wheel adjust the gimbal roll manually? There is a quick way to get to it, but if you want to track it, keep and eye on it you have to open it to see the amount, but can still quick adjust thru remote, and you can see what it's doing in the small box then, but I find when I adjust it, it's way worse looking in other directions.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj