setting up second hand p3s

Reaction score
I fly a p3p but a mate has asked me to help him setup a secondhand p3s he has just bought, I know nothing about the standard except that it uses wifi instead of light bridge, the guy he bought it from said he had only flown it a couple of times (we'll see) as it has been flown before is there anything I need to do to set it up for my mate who has only had a small amount of experience flying a P1, the original owner has obviously registered it online with dji so will that be a problem? I asked my mate what sort of tablet he had he said only an old mobile phone so that may be a problem,
any advice??
ray

the original owner has obviously registered it online with dji so will that be a problem?
No. Your mate will just need to install DJI GO (version 3), create a DJI account (if needed), and log into that DJI account within DJI GO.

The connection process is a little different since the P3S uses Wi-Fi. Here's a video showing how to connect the mobile device:

I asked my mate what sort of tablet he had he said only an old mobile phone so that may be a problem
If it doesn't work, your mate can find a list of recommended and commonly used phones/tablets here.

No. Your mate will just need to install DJI GO (version 3), create a DJI account (if needed), and log into that DJI account within DJI GO.

The connection process is a little different since the P3S uses Wi-Fi. Here's a video showing how to connect the mobile device:

If it doesn't work, your mate can find a list of recommended and commonly used phones/tablets here.

thanks Mike,
will he have to get any email address or password from the previous owner to create a DJI account if needed ?

Ray

will he have to get any email address or password from the previous owner to create a DJI account if needed ?
No. Your mate should log into his existing DJI account or create a new DJI account if he does not already have one.

No. Your mate should log into his existing DJI account or create a new DJI account if he does not already have one.

I know he doesn't have an account with DJI so he will just have to set one up the same as I did with my P3P, correct?

sorry to bother you again but I've been reading up about the p3s and it said to calibrate the compass before every flight, well with my P3P dji has said in the last couple of years it's not necessary to do it unless you get the message to do so, surely this applies to the standard, I don't want to give my mate tomorrow the wrong info

many thanks
Ray

I've been reading up about the p3s and it said to calibrate the compass before every flight
While calibrating the compass before every flight won't hurt anything, it would likely be nothing more than a waste of time. Check out the Phantom Compass Calibration Guide for the best known practices.

well my mate came yesterday and I managed to set it up for him ok, the seller was telling the truth about only 1 or 2 flights as the battery had only been charged 2 times, one thing I noticed was the CSC starts the motors as normal but when it's just sitting on the ground slowly spinning (while we were talking) I tried to use CSC to stop the motors, it didn't work so just pulled down the left stick, that worked, strange thing is as I'm not used to the standard, there's a semi stop on the left stick if you pull down past it will stay there, normal??
ray

there's a semi stop on the left stick if you pull down past it will stay there, normal?
Yes, that's as designed. I removed that throttle lock from my P3S like this.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj