Sent my phantom 4 in and this is what I got from them. *UPDATE* DJI gave me 15% off!

I think Kaan is completely right in expecting good customer service from largest drone company in world. But if he gets his drone back fixed & has no problems it may be all for nothing. It still sucks!

Reactions: KAAN ORER
Kaan when you open the box in a couple of days watch out if it's your drone or not. I presume you haven't secret tatooed shell and camera, but you should still be able to see if it's a refurbish. Also possible different S/N with "R".

Reactions: KAAN ORER
Kaan when you open the box in a couple of days watch out if it's your drone or not. I presume you haven't secret tatooed shell and camera, but you should still be able to see if it's a refurbish. Also possible different S/N with "R".
I will keep you guys posted as soon as I get my drone. I did take a picture of the serial number section. But, they did say, they fixed my drone. So it should be the same one. I just hope that my issues are fixed.

Dji customer service is superb [emoji108] in my opinion I've contacted them several times and they quickly fix the issue no matter how strange it may be. My gimbal was making a gear grinding noise and they said format the sd card and update the software, bingo! Gear grinding noise gone!

Dji customer service is superb [emoji108] in my opinion I've contacted them several times and they quickly fix the issue no matter how strange it may be. My gimbal was making a gear grinding noise and they said format the sd card and update the software, bingo! Gear grinding noise gone!
Because that is a quick fix. You got lucky there. Happy for you. In my case, it had been a nightmare to get one simple answer from them after they told me to send my drone in.

I think it's how you approach it really. Same goes with Apple and all the other companies

I think it's how you approach it really. Same goes with Apple and all the other companies
Its not how I approach it. it is just poor service. it is not my opinion either! it is a fact! 40 days no replies from tech support is very very poor service. Everyone should know the truth. but again, yes, this is in my specific case. others may have different one. I am just here to let everyone know what to expect when they send in their drone for vision sensors error and unknown aircraft version error. that is it. waiting on the UPS truck now. let us see what has been done.

Ok guys. Before I contact dji, I need your opinion. I just got my drone back. I opened the box and check my serial numbers as they are different! I attached pics. But looks like my landing gears are the same as they were little dark from landing. It is not a refurbished one as it does not say R at the end of the serial number. I'm confused. They said they fixed mine and not a replacement one.? Did they just change the inside and gimble? Looks like there is a clear tape over the sensor for me to peel as well? Please help. I have not paired it to my remote yet as I had instructed to do so inside the box when two pages. Is it a new one? Is it my old one? If it's no my old one, why different serial numbers?

Attachments

• 20170209_091954.jpg
    20170209_091954.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 320
  • 20170308_140927.jpg
    20170308_140927.jpg
    459.9 KB · Views: 357
  • 20170308_141403.jpg
    20170308_141403.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 288
  • 20170308_141352.jpg
    20170308_141352.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 315
It is definitely not my drone as it says seahawk1 on the name after I contacted. So I did get someone elses main frame /gimble/etc.

Attachments

• 20170308_145014.jpg
    20170308_145014.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 284
It is definitely not my drone as it says seahawk1 on the name after I contacted. So I did get someone elses main frame /gimble/etc.
Far out.....big company...2nd hand parts,,,someone there tryin to save a dollor,,when i brought mine it was new in box but had damage props and batt missing..aaaarrrrrgggg,,,lucky i had spares,got new batt out of them ,,they couldent explain,,(noel lemming) waited weeks for it to arrive and it was aweek before xmas,,so i didnt return it,,glad still workin ok,,,goin flyin today first flight over a week ,s###t weather,,:)

Dang that's weird
That is not weird. it is just a big scam to make more money by parting all drones sent back to them and salvage them by taking off and putting on people's parts instead of sending new units back. typical big company action. lets call DJI. I will demand a brand new drone. or some credit.

Here is now what they are telling me! After they confirmed that my drone was fixed and not replaced! They basically chopped my drone and others drones like a butcher shop and make one out of them and send it. Wow! What a scam

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170308-210028.png
    Screenshot_20170308-210028.png
    321.3 KB · Views: 319
You do have to remember there just guys sitting in an office
That's not good enough for me my brother. This is a scam. And I demand a brand new drone not a used one sent to dji for repair God knows how long ago! My drone was brand new and I purchased it on November 2016. Who knows how old this drone that they sent me? I'm going all the way to get a brand new never refurbished one. I'll do whatever it takes. Will keep you all posted. Somebody needs to stand up for this bull s....t.

Getting a different P4 comes to no surprise to me. I told you that is exactly what they did to me. The one they sent me also had been named by someone else. It also wouldn't surprise me if this one is worse than the one sent in. That's the case for me..

So now you know what happened; it's a refurbish type product accordingly After-Sales Service Policies - Product and Part Replacement. As you know.

It has been tested and works as expected, whereas a new one might have i.e. camera tilt horizon issue. If you ask a new one, and if you get it, he might be worse and to be send in again for repair.

Are your taking this risk whereas primary goal should be to fly, purpose of this acquisition.

With full understanding of your frustration.

You are making a lots of trouble for yourself, save your nerves, DJI is not a perfect company but they put out relatively good drones. Fly that one instead of sitting on the phone. Adapt to situation :)

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94