Sent my phantom 4 in and this is what I got from them. *UPDATE* DJI gave me 15% off!

I really don't know what's going on but once I receive my drone, I'm going to see what had been done and if my issued fixed as seems like nobody from dji knows. And than, I will definitely, try to solve my problems myself with all your help as I will never ever send my drone to dji again.
Another update, an hour ago, someone from dji contacted me through Facebook message and ask me if he can help?? After I blast the forums, Facebook and you tube. I said it's little too late for this and explained the entire one month long disaster customer service joke. At the end, he said, it is just that our repair department is not doing a good job and between customer service reps and the repair department, there is no communication! At least, this person admit it. I respect that but again is one month late. I should have a detail information about the status of my drone at all times while in repairs and not some generic bull crap replies over and over. It is unreal that I still have no clue if they have really fixed my issues, what they did, why they did what they did. Not even a comment on the emails. Just we shipped your drone. To me that's horrible customer service. I hope by people like us posting these big problems, they can learn and make some changes for the better in the future. That's is the only reason I am posting all over social media so everyone knows the facts about dji. It's up to dji to make things right if they want loyal customers. Right now, they don't care. As they are the dominant company who sells drones in the industry. Nothing comes close to their drones. And they know it. They are just surfing the wave. But this is a short term thinking and it will destroy the company in the long run as more and more companies will emerge with better products and better service. Than they are toasted. I hope the owners of dji sees these forums and aware of the huge problems with service and repair departments. But as of now they either don't know or they don't care as the money flows like a river. That's greed. And my friends, thats your worst enemy...

When is the expected delivery date?

When is the expected delivery date?
March 8th. Fingers crossed. I can only HOPE at this moment as I have no feedback from dji during a month long battle. It's almost sound unreal and kind of like a hidden camera joke on me what I have been through with them this past month.

In the meantime and to 'relax' a bit yourself, you might want find local repair shop run by cool guys passionate of drones. Go to see them and what kind of services they sell. Not only repair but possibly also accessories, mods, and more. Sharing same passion is so cool..

Here is my link to video I posted and last night they replied to it as well as the Facebook messages. So whomever have issues with dji support, do not give up. In my case is little too late like a month but none of the less they do respond. They all say the same thing. Communication between Call center and the repair center is horrible at the moment. Seems like they need to hire more educated and responsible people rather than smart-*** kids replying with sarcastic messages and making fun of your situation.

In the video I understand you sent only the drone in, not the RC? (1'14")

Did they ask you to send the P4 only?

I would have send both, using another RC (if they do) is not same condition test.

In the video I understand you sent only the drone in, not the RC? (1'14")

Did they ask you to send the P4 only?

I would have send both, using another RC (if they do) is not same condition test.
Yes, they only asked for my drone as I have spoken to them and double checked that information as they say they have RC and other parts to test my drone. It does indicate on the shipping instructions they sent by email as well.

When I sent mine in, they had me to send both, the RC and Phantom 4. They replaced both. I guess (if they replace yours) you will have to pair your RC to ir.

Reactions: RémyHeli
Each RC is paired with the drone. If same drone is sent back and no disconnect and no pairing is required it would mean that P4 has not been re-paired with another RC, therefore not tested with.

I'm not aware if they have way to rollback to original customer pairing before shipping back. Frankly I doubt they do. If someone in this forum experienced drone disconnect or to be re-paired once received back from DJI kindly share !

Pairing the drone is a relatively easy process.

Sure, point is that KAAN ORER RC must be physically used to pair. If DJI use another RC they will need to re-pair. Then when the drone is shipped back KAAN ORER will have to pair it again. If this doesn't happen, it would mean drone has not been tested. Not sure they can fully test without RC.

Edit: by test I mean firing everything up to check errors reported by customer. Also DJI would have to use another device, ideally KAAN's Android/ iOS - but they don't do that and device is personal thing with i.e. lock password and private data: here another advantage if done by local shop/repair center where we can bring everything and share live.

Last edited:
Reactions: KAAN ORER
Sure, point is that KAAN ORER RC must be physically used to pair. If DJI use another RC they will need to re-pair. Then when the drone is shipped back KAAN ORER will have to pair it again. If this doesn't happen, it would mean drone has not been tested. Not sure they can fully test without RC.

Edit: by test I mean firing everything up to check errors reported by customer. Also DJI would have to use another device, ideally KAAN's Android/ iOS - but they don't do that and device is personal thing with i.e. lock password and private data: here another advantage if done by local shop/repair center where we can bring everything and share live.
So, if what they say is true, that they test flied my drone and it was up to the dji standards, that means I have to pair my RC again. Let see. arrives on the 8th of March. I will post the result, I will video the moment it arrives with UPS and I will record opening the box as my drone was perfect condition. I am really anxious to see what they did to my drone and if my original problems solved! to this day, I have no clue. Only, your aircraft has been repaired.

Reactions: RémyHeli
I should have a detail information about the status of my drone at all times while in repairs and not some generic bull crap replies over and over..
Okay, now hold the bus right here.

While I'm totally on your side regarding the poor service you've recieved -- promises of follow-ups not fulfilled is horrible -- the expectation you articulate above is unreasonable. Very unreasonable.

You won't ever have that kind of on-demand data regarding a car repair, or just about anything else. It's ridiculous to expect this for a thousand dollar electronic product.

While you certainly should be able to get high-level status (recieved, being repaired, repair completed, shipped, stuff like that), anything more simply can't be supported by what we're paying for this thing.

Okay, now hold the bus right here.

While I'm totally on your side regarding the poor service you've recieved -- promises of follow-ups not fulfilled is horrible -- the expectation you articulate above is unreasonable. Very unreasonable.

You won't ever have that kind of on-demand data regarding a car repair, or just about anything else. It's ridiculous to expect this for a thousand dollar electronic product.

While you certainly should be able to get high-level status (recieved, being repaired, repair completed, shipped, stuff like that), anything more simply can't be supported by what we're paying for this thing.

Unreasonable? simple question I asked them 20 different times to 15 different reps during 35 days!! and not get my answer back! That is not unreasonable my friend! that is called HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!! even they admitted on their facebook messages to me couple days ago!
When I ask" if my vision sensors errors and unknown aircraft version issues resolved or not, I should get an email saying YES OR NO! that is it. that is not too much to ask. Especially, when nothing is my fault. If the call center can not relay my simple question to repair center for 35 days, that is a huge problem with the company service department. period.

Unreasonable? simple question I asked them 20 different times to 15 different reps during 35 days!! and not get my answer back! That is not unreasonable my friend! that is called HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!! even they admitted on their facebook messages to me couple days ago!
You're so angry, you're not even reading what you're responding to. Please read what I wrote again.

I stand by my assertion that it is not reasonable to expect "detail information about the status of my drone at all times while in repairs". Those were your words, and that was what I was responding to.

I agree it is totally reasonable to have someone call back with status within 24-48 hours, especially when promised. That's entirely different than your instant, on-demand statement above that I was addressing.

Reactions: KAAN ORER
You're so angry, you're not even reading what you're responding to. Please read what I wrote again.

I stand by my assertion that it is not reasonable to expect "detail information about the status of my drone at all times while in repairs". Those were your words, and that was what I was responding to.

I agree it is totally reasonable to have someone call back with status within 24-48 hours, especially when promised. That's entirely different than your instant, on-demand statement above that I was addressing.
I am not really angry at all. I am very very frustrated at this moment. its like me calling you on the phone and asking a question and you do not answer my question for 35 days when I contact you over and over. there is no other explanation than horrible service! which they admit couple times already!

Frankly, they should answer the question. Like me and most companies today, every tech, when accessing a clients account can plainly see repair details and every correspondence made. So, no it's not an unreasonable request at all and after getting email from them that they were replacing left landing leg etc that had nothing to do with the issue, I concur the question to be a valid one.

Frankly, they should answer the question. Like me and most companies today, every tech, when accessing a clients account can plainly see repair details and every correspondence made. So, no it's not an unreasonable request at all and after getting email from them that they were replacing left landing leg etc that had nothing to do with the issue, I concur the question to be a valid one.
Thank you for understanding. The fact that they come up with those parts list the very first day they received my drone, made me very curious as no way they could have test fly my drone in that time of period and they VISUALLY checked and just made a list of items as non of them were going to solve my issues. Plus my drone is in perfect shape. That's is why I started to call them right away to make sure they are addressing my specific issues but no luck after 40 days. How people calls this unreasonable is almost funny. It's like black and white. Just horrible customer service. As they admitted several times to me last couple days after I blast the social media. It's just a shame how obvious that they don't care about you but your money as they first charged me $186 for those parts until I disputed and raised hell. I should never go through with all these headaches from a big company like dji who makes millions of dollars every day. and everyone out there needs to hear about it to make a educated decision. I respect everyone's opinion but this is my situation and only I know what I have been through this past 40 days.
Another point is that even dji asked me to please update my reviews after I received my drone if it's all fixed! People, dji, that is not the point! At all! 40 days of non to sarcastic replies and smart a.. people acting like I'm stupid and repeating their responses over and over again and simple answer to my questions stayed unanswered is the bottom line summary of my situation that will never change my opinion about their poor piss attitude. I should have never went through that nightmare of uncertainty for 40 days when I tried very patiently and politely to get my answer. But I guess that does not work with them as I started get angry annoyed and rude with them, all of the sudden, I got all dji's work forse attention. Very very very ironic right? It should be the other way around.

Reactions: The Ghost
Today's cars are using lot of electronic and are computer based. It is very common to run diagnostics, as per manufacturer procedures, with ad hoc devices to query memory where stats and errors are logged. This because i.e. problems are not necessary reproductible or visible from customer point of view, but important for quality of service.

Having said that, I do not understand why DJI is asking to the customer to fill a request form to diagnostic the internal memory log, which is DJI tech intended anyway and doesn't contain sensible customer private information except geolocation (disclaimer signoff would be accepted by customer anyway as for sake of good diagnostic).

I think log diagnostic query should be standard DJI task as part of repair process so no point asking to the customer if data has to be consult.

Raises the quality of understanding log content, which can be fiddly, and possible room for improvements beneficial to all repair centers.

Reactions: The Ghost
It's amazing how many times I can explicitly write I agree with KAAN that his experience has been horrible and completely unacceptable, and people can't seem to see the words on the screen.

I really hope you guys aren't using those drugs when you're flying :D:D

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94