Seeking advice for gimbal yaw error with P3SE

Reaction score
Hello, I damaged the gimbal on my P3SE crashing into a tree. The aluminum hardware was bent/broken on a couple of the arms, and the ribbon cable was torn. I'm fairly mechanically inclined, so I purchased a rebuild kit with new aluminum parts (no motors) and ribbon cable and did what I thought was a darn good job rebuilding it, thanks to a couple of very detailed youtube videos. I also removed the top of the drone body and confirmed continuity in the white 8-wire connector between the gimbal mount and the main logic board. I reformatted the SD card too, for good measure. Now when I turn on the drone, remote, and dji app, the app reports a "gimbal yaw error". The camera works, but the gimbal is limp, and does not go through its startup wiggle. In addition, all of the gimbal motors make a faint "beep beep beep" sound followed by a few seconds of silence, then "beep beep beep" again, continuously. I saw someone mention a similar problem on another forum, but there was no resolution. I'd like to fix it myself if possible. Anyone out there aware of the issue and a possible solution? The rebuild kid was an aftermarket $35 kit from ebay, and I've seen forum posts mentioning the prevalence of defective ribbon cables, but if anyone has any advice on this please let me know. Thanks!

Attachments

• BeepBeepBeep.mov.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 311

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic