SD card ejected while flying on my Phantom 4 advanced!

Reaction score
Hey I wonder if this has happened to other Phantom 4 drone owners.
Yesterday I was flying in really mesmerizing landscapes in the south of Sweden, for around 30min, and then I changed the batterie, and before flying I saw the SD card icon was red with exclamation mark the SD card was gone, so I wonder if this can happen from time to time because I’m new drones.

Yesterday I was flying in really mesmerizing landscapes in the south of Sweden, for around 30min, and then I changed the batterie, and before flying I saw the SD card icon was red with exclamation mark the SD card was gone, so I wonder if this can happen from time to time because I’m new drones.
Welcome and na not really hear much of that,,next one make sure it click and lock,,if you can't pull out without first release press it shouldn't come out unless clip faulty,,but try few times and make sure it working,,only goes in one way

Yes I’m doubting myself mabe I didn’t press in enoug until it clicked, so from now on that’s what I will make sure I do on my preflight check. Check to see if the card is all the way in.

When I first got my drone I constantly would depress the card when handling the drone. I never lost a card but I spent lots of time searching for cards. So I now have a small piece of masking tape that goes over the card slot. It easily pulls back when I want to access the card. No more searching for cards

Reactions: N8tiveHaole
Also...make sure its right side up. It goes in different from what you might expect.

When the card is properly inserted, the end of it is just flush with the surface around the slot. Pretty hard to accidentally press it hard enough to cause ejection. Always insert it far enough until you feel the snap and you're good to go.

Reactions: IslaJim
I have noticed this problem with after market or non SDK cards. I think the QC on some is a little weak. I use only SDK on everything these days.

Pretty uncommon issue. Yu say that you noticed that before the second flight.
What about the first flight. You should had got a warning message "no card" or something like that.

You must have toggle the controls in just the right sequence to activate the emergency sd card ejection system.

Avoid the sequence forward, right, forward, left, gimbal down, control left, down, left and you should be o.k. in the future...

Just kidding :).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers