Sad that my flying days are over Monday

They dont have to see the drone, they have to see who is flying it. BTW they will enforced it, the Sheriff dept in Orange county will be on the look out in populated areas.

Night flying is fun and offers some pretty cool photography and video effects. As long as you know your surroundings. Just be above the tree tops and powerlines. I love flying at night!

What do you recommend for the camera settings while flying at night?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

plus people I fly with we like to due distance runs and have fun not be told by ama people how to operate are drones
You need to wake up and have a strong cup of CLUE.

The AMA is not the enemy here (nobody is, but read on): they are our friends. You should thank the AMA. You should JOIN the AMA as a member. Here's why:

It's the FAA that's making all of these rules and regulations. They need to, it's their job, but forget all that -- what you need to know now that IT IS NOT THE AMA.

So when we get wind that the FAA is defining or changing more rules for we UAV operators (both part 101 and 107), its the AMA that marches on down there and says "wait a minute, this here is reasonable, but that there is going too far". They are our champions.

They have done a great job of keeping the FAA from being too restrictive. If you're a member like me, you will get frequent reports about the actions they have taken to protect our rights.

Okay, not for the part that would have turned someone like you away by now if I had put this at the top of my post: There must be rules and regulations: I won't explain why here. If you don't know why, you're already lost. However, if you truly are curious, ask.

You need to wake up and have a strong cup of CLUE.

The AMA is not the enemy here (nobody is, but read on): they are our friends. You should thank the AMA. You should JOIN the AMA as a member. Here's why:

It's the FAA that's making all of these rules and regulations. They need to, it's their job, but forget all that -- what you need to know now that IT IS NOT THE AMA.

So when we get wind that the FAA is defining or changing more rules for we UAV operators (both part 101 and 107), its the AMA that marches on down there and says "wait a minute, this here is reasonable, but that there is going too far". They are our champions.

They have done a great job of keeping the FAA from being too restrictive. If you're a member like me, you will get frequent reports about the actions they have taken to protect our rights.

Okay, not for the part that would have turned someone like you away by now if I had put this at the top of my post: There must be rules and regulations: I won't explain why here. If you don't know why, you're already lost. However, if you truly are curious, ask.
go to ama field to fly your drone and told to get lost no drones here .no thank you

Reactions: cfd701
The average person don't just track the FAA rules and regulations about drones. Probably 99% don't even care. If you run a business utilizing a drone, you can bet your competitor will turn you in if you are not licensed to fly. Simple as that.

By their definition, I fly mine commercially. For the most part, I do crop inspections for farmer's. I am not around airports or anything of any concern. Question is; am I really a commercial pilot?

No, the FAA didn't create Part 107 to make money. They were forced into it by the vast numbers of unmanned aircraft being operated by people who had no clue what the NAS is. Sure, if you're out in the middle of nowhere flying over plowed fields at 100 feet, you are not endangering anyone. But those type of benign operations are just a small portion of the types of flight ops being conducted. There are plenty of people who operate near airports, in navigable airspace. They cannot be safe without knowing how the system works. Part 107 is an opportunity for them to learn.

Can't fly over people, cars, most buildings

Can't fly at night

Can't fly out of your sight

More here: https://www.faa.gov/uas/media/Part_107_Summary.pdf

That's how its been in the UK for quite a few years now. As these rules/suggestions have been around before multirotors were common place and where their primary use is video & photography I just hope new rules which allow greater freedom perhaps needing some sort of test might be introduced. But that's probably wishful thinking!

It depends on how you define line of sight. It doesn't say able to see, just line of sight. If you could see it with binoculars and it is in a straight line with no obstructions that is still line of sight.

It doesn't matter how you or I define it, it's how the FAA defines it, and the use of binoculars doesn't meet their definition:

By definition, a model aircraft must be “flown within visual line of sight of the person operating the aircraft.” P.L. 112-95, section 336(c)(2).1 Based on the plain language of the statute, the FAA interprets this requirement to mean that: (1) the aircraft must be visible at all times to the operator; (2) that the operator must use his or her own natural vision (which includes vision corrected by standard eyeglasses or contact lenses) to observe the aircraft; and (3) people other than the operator may not be used in lieu of the operator for maintaining visual line of sight.

Under the criteria above, visual line of sight would mean that the operator has an unobstructed view of the model aircraft. To ensure that the operator has the best view of the aircraft, the statutory requirement would preclude the use of vision-enhancing devices, such as binoculars, night vision goggles, powered vision magnifying devices, and goggles designed to provide a “first-person view” from the model.

Reactions: impilot51
still a waiting game am I not going to fly at night yes I am plus still going to due distance runs not like vlos police will be running around everywhere im sure faa has a lot to due just keeping up on all the planes in the sky

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't DJI flight data which, I assume is aggregated somewhere in the cloud, create a very easily followed 'audit trail' for the 'drone police' to follow.. I realize we are 'little fish' but bureaucrats must have something to do to justify their pay. LOL And, the wizard behind the curtain can certainly limit what their product can do... JMHO

Reactions: mikesmiley
So pretty much nothing changes for recreational/hobbyist UAV pilots ... Just commercial

rumor is that hobbyist that use goggles would have to have a 107 which means people flying racing drones or drones

OK guys.
Just cleaned this up as it got Argumentative and Off topic .
If I got your post it might have just been out of place after I removed one ahead of you .
Now lets not let this get in this shape anymore .
Thank You
Think.jpg

Reactions: Falcon900
I live in the city, and not much interested in videos consisting of nothing but unpopulated, wide open fields of endless trees, grass or water.

No nighttime. No over people. No near big structures (buildings). No out of VLOS (and at 50 that ain't far).

Basically every type of flying that I do today ends Monday.

Out of all the videos I watched today on here and YouTube - I'd guess 90% of them l overflew people or cars or buildings; maybe 70% seemed out of VLOS. Forget long range runs; Who can see their drone a mile out, or three?

Feeling sad a bit

Can i have your stuff? Im a hobby flyer :)

why does the commercial license have more restrictions then the hobby license? wouldn't it be the other way around? It's like professionals have less abilities.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31