Sad that my flying days are over Monday

Reaction score
I live in the city, and not much interested in videos consisting of nothing but unpopulated, wide open fields of endless trees, grass or water.

No nighttime. No over people. No near big structures (buildings). No out of VLOS (and at 50 that ain't far).

Basically every type of flying that I do today ends Monday.

Out of all the videos I watched today on here and YouTube - I'd guess 90% of them l overflew people or cars or buildings; maybe 70% seemed out of VLOS. Forget long range runs; Who can see their drone a mile out, or three?

Feeling sad a bit

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I live in the city, and not much interested in videos consisting of nothing but unpopulated, wide open fields of endless trees, grass or water.

No nighttime. No over people. No near big structures (buildings). No out of VLOS (and at 50 that ain't far).

Out of all the videos I watched today on here and YouTube - I'd guess 90% of them l overflew people or cars or buildings; maybe 70% seemed out of VLOS. Forget long range runs; Who can see their drone a mile out, or three?

Feeling sad a bit

its not over until its over if they change things just wait they will change again plus enforcing the vlos how are they going to due that

Reactions: ROD PAINTER
Can you elaborate? I'm a newbie

Feeling sad a bit

You mean you haven't read about it Hoovy ?
The sky is falling Monday .
Welcome to the forum :)

end of days coming Monday aug 29th

I'm not getting a good sense from basic Google search

Can someone give me the short cliff notes version of the new regulations and who does it affect and what states

end of days coming Monday aug 29th

You mean you haven't read about it Hoovy ?
The sky is falling Monday .
Welcome to the forum :)

I'm not "Sky is falling" for everyone. But, for me and what I like to do, well, it is.
Can't fly over people at any altitude? These goes all the places I fly.
No nighttime? There goes there big venues I work for plus the gorgeous nighttime material I capture and love.

So, for me personally, yeah, death bells until laws change (hopefully)

still a waiting game am I not going to fly at night yes I am plus still going to due distance runs not like vlos police will be running around everywhere im sure faa has a lot to due just keeping up on all the planes in the sky

still a waiting game am I not going to fly at night yes I am plus still going to due distance runs not like vlos police will be running around everywhere im sure faa has a lot to due just keeping up on all the planes in the sky

Posting videos will be like posting evidence against yourself. That will suck.

Reactions: Falcon900
wait should we tell the air force they need to fly in vlos also just to be fair

This only applies to Part 107 pilots right? Not hobby flying?

no trying to say if a hobby flyer uses goggles they have to have a 107 still a waiting game until Monday then we shall know what is going on

yeah 400 feet up someone is going to read number on bird yeah right plus try and figure out where there at

Can't fly over people, cars, most buildings

Can't fly at night

Can't fly out of your sight

More here: https://www.faa.gov/uas/media/Part_107_Summary.pdf

Part 107 applies to COMMERCIAL usage, not hobby usage.

If you are flying as a hobby, you fall under Part 101, not Part 107.

Part 101 applies to:

(5) Any model aircraft that meets the conditions specified in §101.41. For purposes of this part, a model aircraft is an unmanned aircraft that is:

(i) Capable of sustained flight in the atmosphere;

(ii) Flown within visual line of sight of the person operating the aircraft; and

(iii) Flown for hobby or recreational purposes.

Your restrictions:

(a) The aircraft is flown strictly for hobby or recreational use;

(b) The aircraft is operated in accordance with a community-based set of safety guidelines and within the programming of a nationwide community-based organization;
(which basically means the AMA's safety rules as of now: http://www.modelaircraft.org/files/105.pdf)

(c) The aircraft is limited to not more than 55 pounds unless otherwise certified through a design, construction, inspection, flight test, and operational safety program administered by a community-based organization;

(d) The aircraft is operated in a manner that does not interfere with and gives way to any manned aircraft; and

(e) When flown within 5 miles of an airport, the operator of the aircraft provides the airport operator and the airport air traffic control tower (when an air traffic facility is located at the airport) with prior notice of the operation.

NOTE:

The AMA Safety Code does NOT mandate daytime-only flying!

"RC night flying requires a lighting system providing the pilot with a clear view of the model’s attitude and orientation at all times. Hand-held illumination​
systems are inadequate for night flying operations."

It does require that you avoid overflying unprotected people, vessels, or structures:

"All pilots shall avoid flying directly over unprotected people, vessels, vehicles or structures and shall avoid endangerment of life and property of others."​

Im in canada so this doesnt apply to me but lets be real here... are people really going to follow this crap? Flp is right..good luck enforcing any of this...lol

Sent from my SM-N930F using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues