Reaction score
How do you initiate a re-install of the aircraft firmware and the rc controller? I've been using my Phantom Advance for the last week and decided to pull out the Standard. When I started the rc and copter, it said that there was an update needed. Dummy here, I cannot remember if it was the copter or the rc. Took it out, re-calibrated the compass and imu, flys great. I was testing the RTH in of a failsafe issue. Now when I return to home whether with the DJI Go App or the left switch on the remote, it just wants to go into landing mode and not RTH. Help !!!!!!!!!!!!

Now when I return to home whether with the DJI Go App or the left switch on the remote, it just wants to go into landing mode and not RTH.
How far away from the home point are you when you initiate RTH?

Think I just answered my question. It may not have been further than 20 meters. Never the less, just fmi, is there a way to re-initiate a firmware reinstall on the copter and rc controller should in need to? Thanks for your quick response.

You can't reinstall the firmware if the aircraft now has the latest version since the update is done via the app. On RTH, there is a setting for failsafe in the app. Have you checked if it actually returns home there?

Never the less, just fmi, is there a way to re-initiate a firmware reinstall on the copter and rc controller should in need to?
DJI does not have a documented process to do this. It might be possible by dropping the BIN on the memory card though. You would probably have to downgrade and upgrade again though -- since the same BIN won't install by just dropping it on the memory card. I wouldn't worry about learning this process since it's very likely you'll never need to do it.

On RTH, there is a setting for failsafe in the app.
That allows the RTH altitude to be set. The OP will still have to be 20+ meters from the home point in order to return home.

That's true. Just looked at the manual [emoji2] On the BIN, how do you get it since DJI does not post it for P3S? You can only upgrade via the app.

Reactions: Dirty Bird
Well, it's about time ;)
Btw, the manual does not even have the details on menu and sub-menu for DJI app. Kind of sucks if you don't have the drone with you. I can't go into the menu of iOS app if the drone is not connected.

Should I recalibrate compass whenever I move from one location to another? Is RTH dependent on gps or compass or both? During my flight today, several times it went from safe to fly gps to safe to fly non-gps. Made me kinda nervous should failsafe kick in.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

What would cause the aircraft to go from "safe to fly gps" to "safe to fly non-gps"?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

the safe to fly gps message doesnt have anything to do with your compass. This is because it is not getting enough satellites for the GPS operation. If you notice, the little satellite symbol, it will tell you the amount it is seeing. This could be due to obstructed view overhead, or some other type of interference.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic