Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

I'm in!! Keep it reasonable boys! $300 I would be in. My biggest concern is I would really like to be able to point straight down AND keep the tilt adjustment on the app. A big bonus would be if the tilt adjustment could be added to the back of the controller.

We just finished up a quick video which shows how the camera is installed, and also shows it actively stabilizing the camera beautifully (we're still working on the actually footage!). More videos soon, and info about pre-orders will be sent out shortly.

http://youtu.be/3E85L4FPRVQ

(I'm having trouble embedding a video directly in this post... what am I doing wrong?)

Keri

Rotorpixel said:
We just finished up a quick video which shows how the camera is installed, and also shows it actively stabilizing the camera beautifully (we're still working on the actually footage!). More videos soon, and info about pre-orders will be sent out shortly.

(I'm having trouble embedding a video directly in this post... what am I doing wrong?)

Keri

Cheers Keri
Looking good !!!
Glen

Rotorpixel said:

Keri

Keri, if you use the board's [youtube] tags then you need to use the full video url from your browser, not the "share" link from YouTube.

It does look good - and a very wide range of movement. Can we assume it will tilt to a full 90 degrees down from within the app? Any chance of popping that Vision on the scales with the flight battery in it to give us a new all up weight?

Wow, ask for a video and you'll get one ha ha. Thanks guys. When might we this thing in action?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

Ok silly question perhaps but WHY is this gimbal black colored when it's specifically designed for the phantom vision which is all White????

It would have been far better as white to blend in with the visions design.

Otherwise it looks awesome but I think it should definitely be white!

Nicely done. I would 2nd a color choice of white. I hope this will eliminate the droop I get from stock (worsened with adapter ring and filter in place).

djayz said:
Ok silly question perhaps but WHY is this gimbal black colored when it's specifically designed for the phantom vision which is all White????

+1 on that!

Rotorpixel said:

Keri

I noticed that in the portion of the video that shows the gimbal actually working, there are three wires hanging loosely off the back of the unit. In the final picture showing the gimbal at rest, no wires. Which is it?

Thanks...
-slinger

gunslinger said:
I noticed that in the portion of the video that shows the gimbal actually working, there are three wires hanging loosely off the back of the unit. In the final picture showing the gimbal at rest, no wires. Which is it?

Thanks...
-slinger

Maybe they disconnected for a cleaner photo?

Sorry if this has been asked and answered, but does this setup use the 7th channel? Not a deal breaker for me but I would so love to get away from phone/tablet screen control.

It won't. Dronexpert effectively use a separate receiver on their gimbal to get the 7th channel working. As stock, the channel is "live" as in the signal is sent, it's just not linked to any gimbal control in the Vision. Dronexpert intercept the signal with their receiver and pass it along to the gimbal motor.

There's bound to be a hack to get it working somehow, but might involve getting fingers dirty!

iResq said:
gunslinger said:

Thanks...
-slinger

Maybe they disconnected for a cleaner photo?

Yeah... That's what I'm thinking. As a consumer I'd much prefer seeing exactly what I'll be dealing with, visually, post install...

-slinger

Pull_Up said:
There's bound to be a hack to get it working somehow, but might involve getting fingers dirty!

Thanks for responding to my laziness (not looking it up myself), lol.

As for being lazy, I anxiously await for others to get their fingers dirty so we can reap the rewards!

djayz said:

+1

Unless I dreamt it I seem to recall reading someone somewhere had tricked their Vision into thinking it was a P2 and activating the gimbal controls to make the 7th channel operate tilt on the stock setup. The trouble with that was it was using a specific verison of the Assistant software (apparently some early P2s kept showing up as Visions, so they released a specific patched version for them) - as soon as another update comes along then you'd lose that option unless you were happy to run on outdated firmware (no waypoints, for example).

I like this design better than the dronexpert one. It mounts in the proper spot so that you eliminate Jell-O as well. Unlike the dronexpert design. I have to agree that it should be all white though. Otherwise, excellent job guys.

The motor in the port side is likely to block a lot of the transmission from the
port-side antenna in the camera. So, for any over very modest WiFi range, it might
be necessary to keep the starboard side facing the WiFi repeater?

I expect that some hover and spin tests at increasing distances will be prudent.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT