Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

Final production samples arrived, and we've been feverishly assembling, testing, photographing them... everything is performing perfectly! The machine shop is going to have around 100 sets of metal parts ready by Feb 10.

We're going to start taking pre-orders this week!

Stay tuned for more info, once we update the website...

Keri

Attachments

• Rotorpixel Phantom 2 Vision Gimbal - 1.jpg
    Rotorpixel Phantom 2 Vision Gimbal - 1.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 1,888
  • Rotorpixel Phantom 2 Vision Gimbal - 2.jpg
    Rotorpixel Phantom 2 Vision Gimbal - 2.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 2,020
  • Rotorpixel Phantom 2 Vision Gimbal - 3.jpg
    Rotorpixel Phantom 2 Vision Gimbal - 3.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 1,844
Nice. Do u have any tech. details about your setup? Total weight and especially new added weight to P2v. I find this setup a bit risky for camera or gimbal when landing since it almost touches the ground. I dont even say when the camera is tilted downwards.

Looks very good.
I would also like to know weight, flight times etc.
Have you got a price?
Cheers Glen.

Rotorpixel said:
Final production samples arrived, and we've been feverishly assembling, testing, photographing them... everything is performing perfectly! The machine shop is going to have around 100 sets of metal parts ready by Feb 10.

We're going to start taking pre-orders this week!

Stay tuned for more info, once we update the website...

Keri
Very good news !!
Is possible to have a pic of the back of the camera to see how easy is to put and remove the microSD ?

Thank you

Thanks for the update, Keri. It looks very sleek and well-built. I particularly appreciate the fact that it uses the existing damper mounts as this looks like it could be a relatively straightforward operation to convert it back to stock if that were required.

Very interested to see the final tech specs and the final pricing! Please try and get it as near to $300 as you can - there's a lot of people who want the stability of the dronexpert gimbal but can't make the price, so forget to factor the huge volumes you'll sell into the pricing... ;)

Cheeky? Me? :p

Yeah, don't land looking down... Still, using the dampers should hopefully eliminate jello. I notice in some of the new dronexpert videos that have appeared that they are suffering a little - I guess due to being attached to the landing skids. Sorbothane or similar might help there, as well as well-balanced props, but I do prefer the Rotorpixel attachment method, even if it does come close to the ground.

Definitely launch from the case & catch land with this one, just to be on the safe side!

Like it and I'm in at $300 as well! ;)

I'm no engineer but what would shortening the metal arm do to give the camera more clearance? It that possible?

Also does the enclosure have any adverse effects on the wifi signal from the camera?

There's white, plastic longer legs on ebay that match the Visions for $19.00 bucks. Shipping will hit though. Search 'phantom landing gimbal kit". Done.

guys does it really afects the p2v moving the compass nears the top of the landing gear or in the middle? whats is the procedure? always that a move the compas i have to make and advanced imu calibration right? and all will be just fine? and of course make and outside calibration ratation thing.

I am only few months in to this.
I see the camera holder is covering the internal antenna.
Is this ok, will it limit the video downlink distance?
Thanks

We don't know. It's a similar mounting technique to the dronexpert gimbal which has now started being delivered. I don't know of anyone yet who's done a proper range comparison before and after fitting. Bearing in mind the gimbal is to allow for much, much smoother video and level stills I personally would trade a bit of distance for quality shots - not much, but a bit.

Any closer ideas if the installing of this system will be as easy or easier than dronexpert unit?
How plug and play this will be? I have my eye on dronexpert for a while now but the price making me hold on to my money and now I see this one with the talk about $300-$400 price range....
Cant wait to see more details or perhaps putting my hands on one..... :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj