Reaction score
Rooting and using a host editor/blocker allows me to be able to use DJI go WITH maps on any revision level I like. It is not hard to complete this and you may find this method works well for you. I've rooted both my K1's and they ignore any update/upgrade demand. I've included info on how to block the shields own upgrade request. I am VERY happy staying on Lollipop 6.1. I also am including info on flashing back to 6.1 for those that were tricked into Nougat 7. For those that do not want to root the device I added a NO ROOT fire wall link. However, using a no root method you will not be able to cache maps in DJI go.

NO ROOT method: NoRoot Firewall - Android Apps on Google Play

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Stock versions for shield: Download Center
Tutorial on reverting back to stock: Tutorial: Restore to Stock Image (Port) – Page 120 – NVidia Shield Zone

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnnyB
Rooting and using a host editor/blocker allows me to be able to use DJI go WITH maps on any revision level I like. It is not hard to complete this and you may find this method works well for you. I've rooted both my K1's and they ignore any update/upgrade demand. I've included info on how to block the shields own upgrade request. I am VERY happy staying on Lollipop 6.1. I also am including info on flashing back to 6.1 for those that were tricked into Nougat 7. For those that do not want to root the device I added a NO ROOT fire wall link. However, using a no root method you will not be able to cache maps in DJI go.

NO ROOT method: NoRoot Firewall - Android Apps on Google Play

Stock versions for shield: Download Center
Tutorial on reverting back to stock: Tutorial: Restore to Stock Image (Port) – Page 120 – NVidia Shield Zone
Nice work Gram.. much appreciated!

According to the instructions I have successfully root. What unnecessary applications to delete to work only for P4P?

According to the instructions I have successfully root. What unnecessary applications to delete to work only for P4P?
What device are you using? K1? All I did to my K1 was disable any irrelevant apps. and freeze (using SD maid) the shields update check. Works just fine. As far as other devices I'd also just either disable or freeze any app not related to the function of the device. Uninstalling unknown dependent apps can cause malfunctions. Freezing them or disabling them if something stops working you just revert back each one altered.

What device are you using? K1? All I did to my K1 was disable any irrelevant apps. and freeze (using SD maid) the shields update check. Works just fine. As far as other devices I'd also just either disable or freeze any app not related to the function of the device. Uninstalling unknown dependent apps can cause malfunctions. Freezing them or disabling them if something stops working you just revert back each one altered.
Hi my friend.Yes i have K1. You say << All I did to my K1 was disable any irrelevant apps. and freeze (using SD maid) the shields update check>> What can I delete and who to freeze?

Since the shield is a devoted gaming platform there is not much loaded on it in the first place. There is a game I disabled, can't recall the name. Go through all apps in settings and look for a DISABLE button. The operating system will not allow for disabling key component elements so this is safe to do. I also use "System Tuner Pro" from play store. It has a great process killer/memory freeing task manager. I set up its widget to kill all tasks/free memory with just one touch of the widget. Works great especially if I'm switching back and forth from DJI go (Massive memory hog) and Litchi.

Reactions: giorgos1966

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31